Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was wondering if anyone here knows how I could get some longer front and rear suspension travel on my 89 650 indy RXL. How do I go about doing this? what all do I need?

Thanks in advance :banana:

Chris

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
the rear is easy. you just need to move a couple plates, measure and drill new holes and bolt it in. the front, i think you would change the radius rods, tie rods, sway bar, shocks and maybe trailing arms too. it might get expensive, if you have to choose one do the rear. your back will thank you. you could get a used xtra 10 for $200 and here are the measurements. http://www.jbshocks.com/x10mount.jpg

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,148 Posts
if you are askin how to get more travel out of the existing suspension, it ain't gonna happen. just make sure your springs and shocks are good

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actualy more of what I meant was which newer polaris would have compatable suspension to my indy,front and back. Somthing like pic of this 89 indy,it looks like it has longer than stock front suspension , Unless my suspension is just shot or something.[attachment=106674:attachment]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
how much travel do you want and how much do you want to spend?? you could go with the BLT front end and M-10 from FAST, or get X-tra 10 parts from a '96-'98 XLT based sled. for the front you'll need shock, radius and tie-rods. for rear you'll need mount plates and a new skid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts