Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2020 850 Indy xc 137 Ice ripper track, Studboy Dueces 6”, 230lb rider no gear.

Coming out of corners the front skis lift to easy giving loss of steering. I have stock rear torsion springs set to max and scissorstop block set to minimum transfer setting. Otherwise the sled is perfect and like riding a dream come true. I just need to be able to keep the.front planted when exiting a corner. I’m not experiencing inside ski lift, it’s both front skis coming up under power.

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 850
265 Posts
Softening the front track shock my help your situation. They are often set too stiff. Think of how a teeter totter works. When you are powering up exiting a corner, the whole sled is rocking on the FTS. You may also need the HD torsion spring at your weight.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the sled as a used demo so have no way of knowing whether previous rider changed rear torsion springs. How can I tell what springs I may have?

Also, with rider on board standing still, what is a good starting point for desired rear sag measured at the rear bumper?

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Give or take. As it will vary on wether the skid is warmed up or cold from sitting outside. I usually shoot for about 30 percent at normal room temp. At a neutral riding position. I went to heavier springs at a lower setting only own sled. That way you have room for adjustability . You can try. Tugging down on the limiters a bit. I believe somebody sells bigger coupling blocks. Or any machine shop could make them. I find body positioning is important. I had major excessive transfer with stock springs. When to heavier and no problem controlling it with body position. Not same sled but same therory. You could also run minimal spring pressure on ski springs and fts. But not so much that it causes you bottoming issues.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I would stay on the short end of that 30. I think I’m at 3.5 or 4. Warm skid. I’d have to measure it again

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Measure the dimension of the spring. The square part. The dimensions of each size springs are on the parts diagrams.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How much taller are the custom coupling blocks than the stock at max height (minimal transfer)? I would prefer an engineered aftermarket product vs guessing on my part and end up binding the rear suspension. Who sells the aftermarket coupling blocks?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the heavier torsion springs on XC 129 while my wife's has the stock springs. You can tell the difference by the number of coils. The stock spings have 8 turns and the heavier spings only have seven turns. Keep in mind when you change the cam setting (l,m,h) this is a coarse adjustment, you can fine tune with the front track shock pre-load.

Hope this helps.....

·
Registered
2020 850 Indy xc 137
22 Posts
2020 850 Indy xc 137 Ice ripper track, Studboy Dueces 6”, 230lb rider no gear.

Coming out of corners the front skis lift to easy giving loss of steering. I have stock rear torsion springs set to max and scissorstop block set to minimum transfer setting. Otherwise the sled is perfect and like riding a dream come true. I just need to be able to keep the.front planted when exiting a corner. I’m not experiencing inside ski lift, it’s both front skis coming up under power
Im exact same weight same track same sled,have to go with Xtra HD springs my sled now handles amazing and I run my compression in the rear on whatever I feel like for the day ! Un real👍👍!! Couldn't be happier now I'm on the lightest spring adj and mostly run 2 to 3 clicks in rear no bottoming still plush!! I'm also running studboy shapers 9 inch, woody's navigator ski protectors and the Bergstrom shim in the rear of the ski saddle,I couldn't ask for a better ride or handling than this sled has right now,the springs in the rear are not negotiable I'm exactly your same weight best money spent on this sled! Pray for more snow!!😆

·
Premium Member
5,490 Posts
Misposted.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
I would say that being a demo it’s probably equipped with stock springs all the way around, the one thing I would check is the FTS spring preload first, someone might have cranked it up to pull wheelies! They might have lengthened the limiter strap too! At least check to make sure you are starting a ground zero.

Reactions: Endomatic

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, so this is from the owners manual. The rider weight graph makes sense , the second graph kinda does, but doesn’t say what comes stock...then you have the third graph with totally different part numbers that makes no sense to me

·
Premium Member
5,490 Posts
Part# Pro-CCDescriptionDriver Weight Range - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2884973Kit Light Dutyup to 180 lb.
7045190-329
7045191-329
LH Standard
RH Standard
140 to 260 lb.
2884974Kit Heavy Duty220 to 350 lb.
2884975Kit Extra Heavy duty310 to 425 lb.

Your sled has the Pro-CC suspension, like the Matryx Indy sleds.

Reactions: Endomatic

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
More of a curiosity question, when you say demo, do you mean dealer demo or corporate return used sled and how many miles are on the sled?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
update

2 for 2 zero success in trying to locate HD rear torsion spring kit, indefinite back order. Anyone out there have any leads?

Ding ding ding ding, found a set!!!

And a big thank you to ExcursionPSD for getting me those part numbers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts