Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. And Carl’s sells stock take offs on eBay. I’m looking to get one notably cheaper as I want to do some performance work / expierments to it. So looking to get into one for a less money. But thanks for the info 👍

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yes and no. I didn’t say I wouldnt pay it I said I was looking cheaper. For 500 I can get them all day long that’s not a deal it’s just a fair price. A lot of places are charging a 200 core charge for them. I’d be good with that since it’s going rate for a core. And the ecu I’m looking for would most likely be out of a wrecked sled etc. so what’s it worth ? Half price. 400 ish bucks. I buy used sled stuff all the time for lil projects or to test stuff. I’m pretty aware I can get them for less than 500.
Edit. For more info. - I see forgot to put or rewrote it or something I don’t mind if cyl is a bit banged up etc as long as it’s easily repairable or can be cleaned up with a bore job

·
Registered
7,877 Posts
Yeah you can probably find a core for $150.Pretty much anything can be welded and bored ….even skirts can be rebuilt.On the vintage race sleds they are pretty much welding them tight and starting over with new bores and ports along with adding reed valves.Its nuts vintage mod class sleds cost as much or more than late model race sleds these days.
By the time you get done its still going to be $600 so really no savings unless you are planning on welding up some ports anyways.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If it’s just scored up a bit yet unusable as an 840 I Was gonna have it bored and replated to a 900 0r 909. If it was in nice shape I was gonna keep it 840 . Who knows. Something will pop up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts