Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Here's what I was told by Polaris: 850 has Lighter flywheel, improved power boosting regulator, and a new map. After spending quite a bit of seat time on a demo 2022 850 129 VR1, I can confirm that it's quicker than my 2021 850-137 VR1. Spools up quicker and accelerates hard. Very impressive top speeds of speedo indicated 115+ MPH. It did this consistently. It easily walked by my 2021 in a drag race. And mine was studded with real studs. The Demo unit I rode had the Ice Ripper track. Mine has the 1.5 Storm.
Wow Lenn, I think you might have opened a can of worms with that statement. I think you have the attention of every My 22 850 owner now.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Here's what I was told by Polaris: 850 has Lighter flywheel, improved power boosting regulator, and a new map. After spending quite a bit of seat time on a demo 2022 850 129 VR1, I can confirm that it's quicker than my 2021 850-137 VR1. Spools up quicker and accelerates hard. Very impressive top speeds of speedo indicated 115+ MPH. It did this consistently. It easily walked by my 2021 in a drag race. And mine was studded with real studs. The Demo unit I rode had the Ice Ripper track. Mine has the 1.5 Storm.
So your 21 is geared way too low, I would expect the 22 to walk away.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Of course the 22 pre production sleds will be faster than the 21. It,s the only way to create hype, by the brand loyalists, that stretch the truth, very close to the unbelievable. But....... that is zero guarantee that the ones you receive will be. Has anyone ever heard of a hot box ? These games have been going on since all brands of sleds had fuel injection and computers. Ordering a new model based on observations made while riding a new sled during spring break guarantees you absolutely nothing, not even the color of the sled, let alone the performance and reliability gains that everyone hopes for.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Of course the 22 pre production sleds will be faster than the 21. It,s the only way to create hype, by the brand loyalists, that stretch the truth, very close to the unbelievable. But....... that is zero guarantee that the ones you receive will be. Has anyone ever heard of a hot box ? These games have been going on since all brands of sleds had fuel injection and computers. Ordering a new model based on observations made while riding a new sled during spring break guarantees you absolutely nothing, not even the color of the sled, let alone the performance and reliability gains that everyone hopes for.
same thing every year. only way you are sure of getting what was ridden in the spring is to get that one. otherwise you are subject to change without notice

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
The 800s got faster as years went on. 16s were faster then 15s then in 2018 they got stronger with a cooler t-stat. The cylinders and pipe stayed the same with 800s as the same with the 850’s so with that a 19 850 can be tuned to be just as fast as a 22. No different then a 15 800 vs a 2020 800. There are some rumors the 21 matryx 850s reeds make more hp but I’ve also been told they don’t make any extra hp.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
There is a change on the 2022 motors. Like I said flywheel has been changed for better starting and better run ability. It has higher resolution on reading the flywheel. 20% better response. The people that have rode the 2022s say it is a very noticeable difference.
I rode a 22 and it seemed to have alot of pop. What I noticed was it started like crap, 3-4 turns each time.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
10,304 Posts
motor protection has been a issue on the 850's. a number of reasons. water temp senor connections, loose det sensor's, ex. can temp sensor over heating, etc. we can make your 850 any year 170+ h.p. problem is the 4 year warranty. there are two different company tunes that make a big improvement. problem is you lose your warranty. and yes Polaris can tell if your ecu has been flashed and then flashed back to stock. older sleds they can't.

·
Premium Member
2019 Pros switchback
2,558 Posts
Person needs to keep an eye out for a used ecu! I see these being parted out more and more!

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Person needs to keep an eye out for a used ecu! I see these being parted out more and more!
I've been looking. I know part #'s have changed.but.just trying to get confirmation that any 840 ecu will work (2019+)

·
Registered
623 Posts
So basically nothing comparable between the two? 129 with a 1.25 or 1.375 vs. 137 with a 1.5., of course the short track shows 115mph. Probably has done that for the last 5 years. LOL

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
So basically nothing comparable between the two? 129 with a 1.25 or 1.375 vs. 137 with a 1.5., of course the short track shows 115mph. Probably has done that for the last 5 years. LOL
On a given day with given conditions, the 137 with 1.5 will be faster. Who knows what we actually get, but I think the key word is “consistantly”. And, I doubt they ran them on ideal conditions?

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Consistent is a huge factor. At least if something is predictable you can tune / tweak and optimize it . When something is all over the board you can’t effectively do that.

·
Registered
2012 Polaris Assault 800
1,206 Posts
So the 129 with the Ice Ripper is 39 lbs., the Cobra is 36 lbs., the 137 Cobra is 39 lbs., and the Storm is 39.6 lbs. The gearing on the Storm is also lower. So the heaviest track, more rotating mass, will outrun a shorty with less rotating mass..........NO. I can destroy short or long track sleds in 1000' - 1320' in a drag race with my Assault that is studded to the hilt and geared down. But on top end I get destroyed by a shorty. Short drags are one thing....top end speed is a whole different animal.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
MY assault walks away from my Indy 129, same tracks and similar gearing. It’s not close on top end.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Rolling resistance plays a bigger factor than the rotating mass difference between these sleds. Wish all the sleds had the same rolling resistance like the assault.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts