Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked everywhere to try to find some information on it. My stepdad and i collect vintage snowmobiles and came across an 81 blizzard 9700. i have had a couple blizzards but none like this, it has a 9700 much bigger and faster then the 9500. we took it to the radar runs and it did 96mph in 1000ft. pretty good for an older sled. I would just like to kno a little about it. Was it a special order sled from ski-doo or what. I've never seen another one and can't find one on the internet anywhere, i'll try to get a picture of it tomarrow and i'll post it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
yeah the 9700 was in 83 and 84. I just sold a pair of '83's. I wish I hadn't but oh well, Enjoy them Olly!

9500 was in 79,80,81,82 and was the 440 motor.
9700 was in 83,84 and was the 521 motor.
Hope this helps ya.

I grew up with a pair of 7500's and a 9500 that my Dad bought new!

A nice book that gives ya info is called (Ski-Doo, As long as there's winter). Go to Teshio and get it or the dealership - I don't know the part number to it though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya were were actually lookin for a new motor...didn't the 521's also come in some of the early formula's...i think they were in the red ones also called "coke machines" here in the north lol.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Ya were were actually lookin for a new motor...didn't the 521's also come in some of the early formula's...i think they were in the red ones also called "coke machines" here in the north lol.[/b]
Yeah or Ketchup bottles.lol
The 521's from 83 to 88 are the same.
Then in 89 they made it more trailable since they came out with the
the 583 that year. I think they made the 521 up untill 90. 91 offered
a detuned 580(583) when the 617 was introduced.(to my knowledge)

RBT700
:div20:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.