Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i am looking into removing my gutted air box and installing k&n s and snowchargers on my 02 800 xcsp

just wanted to know if anyone has done this and any problems they encountered

please dont reply saying you wouldn't do it etc looking for input from actually doing it

and i am not concerned with gas mileage

thanks

·
Premium Member
12,019 Posts
My buddy did it.

outcome.

Noise

Inconsistant jetting do to bigger temp changes under the hood.

Had to add more vents to hood and actually pipe cold air towards the carbs.

Ease of working on sled.

This was a 04 so the oil tank was still intact.

02 you loose the tank.

What you going to do for a oil tank?
What benifits are you thinking you will gain?

Al

·
Premium Member
12,019 Posts
Oil tank ?????????????/

To keep that tray in I cleaned the bottom lip of the airbox real good where the tray fits in.

Then built up the lip with the heat shield silver tape that you can get at home depot.

I know you don't want to here this but. Air box is good, a pain yes, but functionally good.

You can also drill a hole through the air box and plate and zip tie. Some use a nut and bolt but I wouldn't risk having it back out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
have 01 800 did this works great.just remove air box/oil tank cut off air box part and replace oil tank into sled. make sure to get 90degreeboots for k&n's makes carb work very easy. Make sure to bleed oil tank when done

·
Registered
190 Posts
Put a small sheet or wood screw at the corner of the carb plate, from the outside, did its job and no more popping out. If you want your engine to suck hot air and lose power, go for it. Seen it done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.