Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very clean 2015 SB Assault 800 that wrecked a piston at 2000 miles, not looking to start an argument it just seems there are a lot of kits out there. I dont think I am looking for more power as that requires add on such as tuning etc.. just a dependable replacement piston kit at a fair price.

I have read so much it makes my brain hurt, LOL

-I am leaning towards the RK Tek direct replacement kit as it is direct swap no tuning and they were very responsive to calls

-then there's Bikeman but that adds more power, tuning required?

-Indy Specialties, more money, is it better?

any others that I am missing? Also debating selling the sled as is but probably not worth doing

·
Vendor
198 Posts
Our NEW Drop-In kit has design features that are aimed specifically at curing some of the Polaris OE issues as well as dramatically increasing the heat dissipation and load capacity. I started the modeling in 2020 and we tested pre-production with both Turbo and NA all that season. These are a step above the typical off the shelf stuff others offer.

Scott @ MCB

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Our NEW Drop-In kit has design features that are aimed specifically at curing some of the Polaris OE issues as well as dramatically increasing the heat dissipation and load capacity. I started the modeling in 2020 and we tested pre-production with both Turbo and NA all that season. These are a step above the typical off the shelf stuff others offer.

Scott @ MCB
Scott, what is the cost for your drop in kit? Also what is the cost to hone the monoblock?

·
Vendor
10,631 Posts
doesn't matter what you use. if you don't find the root cause of the failure? these are prone to leaking crank seals. if that's going on? a top end won't last. injectors need to be tested and cleaned. i see some 15% flow restricted. again if this is the case it won't last long. i would not use O.E.M. piston's. while better they still suck. no two weight or measure the same. i'am all set thanks. and $300 each for this shit?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts