Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Last weekend I could only get 80 mph out of my F5- it ran good in the trails and slower speeds but it just didnt have the power it had when new.

Yesterday I was giving my sled a check-up and found that one of the APV cables came disconected from the servo motor. I reconnected the cable and then applied some RTV sealer over the cable ends to keep them in place.

I took the F5 out to a local small lake where everyone goes to drag race. I made a few warm up laps around the lake and then nailed it in a straight line- 95 mph before I ran out of room.

As far as the ice drags it wan't so good- even with Woody's Megabite studs I couldnt hook at the start and was spanked hard by the sleds with ice picks. Out in the snow covered ice I was kicking ass- beat MXZ 600, XLT 600, Formula III, Formula 600 and ran even with a 670 HO. Got the jump on a MXZ 800 but he soon ran me down and passed but it was still respectable .

If you havn't checked your cables lately take a few minutes and do it. It's well worth the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Keep your servo motor cover off and you will notice when tempature of motor is very cold,or first ride of morning,when you start it and the servo motor cycles for self clean and servo resets itself cables sometimes will slack up and fall off-the reason this is happening is the oily residue and exhaust moisture working there way back up cables and freezing over night-now once engine warms up and cables are free they should work fine unless your valves are sticking or carboned up-my 800 mile f5 the cables came off so i pulled the valves and cleaned and the next morning(-5)they slacked up again and still came off-the brand new f5,now with 300 miles,arctic cats apv synthetic oil,is now slacking up when first starting in morning-my other f5 runs amsoil,so i know not a oil problem because of two quality oils-i bet if you take that black plastic wrap or tube off that the cables run through you will have oily residue on cables-remember cats not running exhaust vents like previous models where that crap would end up on the floor-so now i keep my servo motor covers off,let engines warm up and watch cables before i leave until there moving freely-just my two cents but two different f5s same problem-scott-honestly ive been discussing this subject for sometime now-and no its not the o rings in covers like my dealer suggested-they are there and look fine-so how do you keep that oily residue from getting in your cables(CAT ARE YOU LISTENING)

S

·
0 Posts
My 2002 ZR 500 had the same problem, this week my F5 did it to. there are a couple of fixes here in the forums. one is to put a washer behind the servo block and the other which I used is a bit of sylicon behind where the cables go in. don't need much just enough to stop them from coming out again.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Just checked my Apv cables and both of them were off the servo. Maybe that is why I couldn't get more than 71 out of it the other day. Added a dab of silicon will see how that keeps them in place.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Shouldnt have to rtv the cables or put a washer behind etc.etc.Lets get to the real problem-CAT-Why do our damn cables keep coming off-Fix it for 2004 and give us the updated parts for are 2003s for free-Sorry but this is pissing me off!!!!!!!This subject has been disscussed so many times my heads spinning-i bet theres a thousand f5 owners who wouldnt know if there cables came off or not,let alone know what a servo motor is,but are wondering why there sled only goes 70mph-scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts