Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My zr skid is out on my floor right now - I Installed two2 8" fabcraft wheels with the Mountain Machines Freedom Axle and now these rear idlers are about 1/16" off the ground. My other idlers will roll on the ground as the back sits on the sliders.

Anyone else have a simuliar experience? :dunno:

·
Registered
81 Posts
yes,
i am running the exact same thing. 4 grey fabcrafts and mm freedom axle. i noticed the same thing. my only thought was that these axles are made for deep powder riding and not set up for average snow conditions like stock axle position (less wear on slides in low snow). Also less resistance when transistioning from slides to wheels. nothi9ng is wrong with the axle both me and my buddies mountain machine axles are like this. BEFORE you put your skid back in, you must clearance the rear of the skid where slide stops. when you get this thing together you will be taking it back out if you do not. what i did was slide the wheels back until the bottom of the wheel is at the furthest back point, now look across the wheels, the part of your rails needs clearanced, form them around your wheels. i had to take mine apart twice after installing out setp-up. i will measure how far my axle is in the slot now that my track is broke in so you can try to do it in one shot. i will post pics if i get time.
those wheels look sweet dont they?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes,
i am running the exact same thing. 4 grey fabcrafts and mm freedom axle. i noticed the same thing. my only thought was that these axles are made for deep powder riding and not set up for average snow conditions like stock axle position (less wear on slides in low snow). Also less resistance when transistioning from slides to wheels. nothi9ng is wrong with the axle both me and my buddies mountain machine axles are like this. BEFORE you put your skid back in, you must clearance the rear of the skid where slide stops. when you get this thing together you will be taking it back out if you do not. what i did was slide the wheels back until the bottom of the wheel is at the furthest back point, now look across the wheels, the part of your rails needs clearanced, form them around your wheels. i had to take mine apart twice after installing out setp-up. i will measure how far my axle is in the slot now that my track is broke in so you can try to do it in one shot. i will post pics if i get time.
those wheels look sweet dont they?[/b]
Thanks for your feedback!

Are you talking about cutting off the end of the sliders? If you can, take pix of what you are talking about.

I got the black fabcraft wheels and they look sweet! They look a lot nicer in person.

Thanks! :beerchug:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.