Hardcore Sledder banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
They refresh it every day, same as for the PIDD.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Excursion, thanks for the detailed explanation. I had most of what I wanted by hunt and peck method but you explained a couple of things I couldn't figure out, like lifetime ODO versus trip meter and analog Tac.
Can you do the same with the GPS? I'm an artillery guy who is very good with maps so I ignored GPS for a long time. Now I'm struggling! Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
nothing to do with gauge configuration. I'll start a fresh thread this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
6,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Reactions: bredviken

·
Premium Member
6,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Is there a way to get the satellite overlay on the maps like you can with the app? Be nice to see the roads that don’t show up on the standard map.
Not at this time.

Reactions: 12meter joe

·
Premium Member
6,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Wish that engine temperature was visible will using map screen.
A couple tickles of the Back button on your left hand control and it's there. Temperature doesn't change that fast, and on these sleds, 98% of the time, it won't be a concern. And the 7SDD provides warning notifications on the top line if it does get into the severe zone... Water pump failure, punctured exchanger, etc.

Reactions: Cravenfan

·
Registered
168 Posts
A couple tickles of the Back button on your left hand control and it's there. Temperature doesn't change that fast, and on these sleds, 98% of the time, it won't be a concern. And the 7SDD provides warning notifications on the top line if it does get into the severe zone... Water pump failure, punctured exchanger, etc.
Know about flashing red warning, would rather have temp than MPH.

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850
5 Posts
What happened to Max Speed? I can't find it on the gauge panel or in tracked rides. Also, has any noticed that when you change the gauge from day to night setting, the mileage number next to the mileage bar in the lower left corner disappears.

·
Premium Member
6,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
What happened to Max Speed? I can't find it on the gauge panel or in tracked rides. Also, has any noticed that when you change the gauge from day to night setting, the mileage number next to the mileage bar in the lower left corner disappears.
Max mph is not captured for redisplay.

When on the GPS map display, there is a map scale/zoom legend displayed in the lower left corner. It has a number on it, to indicated how many miles or feet is scaled to the length of that box on the display. Unfortunately that number and unit of measure, disappears when in night mode. Also the display of lake and river outlines, also becomes VERY hard to see. These problems have been reported to Polaris.

·
Registered
274 Posts
It bothers me that it doesn't have turn by turn. Seems weird that in order to plan a route that you must go on a PC and map out ride, then up load it via a flash drive. Not thrilled with system.

·
Premium Member
6,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
The exact course of the snowmobile trails are subject to change at any time. Some of them are not recorded/created by GPS running on the trail, but a trail master drawing a planned course on a map. The snowmobile trail information is not reliable enough to base turn by turn directions on.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I don't know about that statement. My buddy puts route in garmin on his ski doo and it takes us there. Cook's new app is turn by turn. Not arguing with you, but it seems as it should be easier. When I go away, I don't want to take a PC. But I can't use phone for ride. I feel I should be able to hit waypoint and it get me there. Twice Wednesday while using GPS a trail map, it went crazy. It got all fuzzy then it zomed out so far that I thought I was in Russia. I like it, but feel it has some bugs to be worked out.

·
Registered
2021 Polaris Indy XC Launch Edition 137
3 Posts
Quick related question. On my Polaris General, they made a recent update which allowed the Ride Command display to connect to a wi-fi hotspot for updates and other items. I am on AT&T today and they do not allow Bluetooth tethering for data connectivity. Wondering if anyone has heard if the 7S display will at some point have a similar capability added and if the right hardware actually exists today to connect to wi-fi.

·
Premium Member
6,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
This is already in the post I have of MY22 marketing specs. It has not been confirmed, but I believe all the MY21 7SDD will be capable of the Wi-Fi access when the software update is made available.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts