Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 850 indy xc. This is by far the best sled i have ever had. Changed belt at the end of last year with 4200 miles on it,still looked like new, pulled 8100 rpms yet.Hit 120 MPH one time with perfect conditions [ice with dusting of snow. 2900 on new belt, looks like new, still pulls 8100 RPMS. I have never cleaned the power valves. they still move as free as when new.POLARIS EXTREME OIL cant be too bad.Never changed the slides. they have been 1/16 of an inch from the wear line for the last 6000 miles. Cant say enough about studboy shaper duese wear bars, 6000 miles and are still in good shape,ive hit so much blacktop where trails come out on a road, the concave surface on the side of these really makes ths sled turn well. Made a adaptor plate for skidoo double spring scratchers,drops temps 25 degrees on icey roads . I locktite 5/16 rollpins to the end of the scratchers, when they wear down i heat them up , pull off and locktite new roll pins on, only wore out one set of roll pins this year. 5200 miles on original plugs [ i normally dont go that many miles on plugs] After the 2020 reflash seems like my oil mileage is a little worse, 125 to 150 per quart,been getting 12 to 18 MPG, DEPENDING on snow conditions and flipper useage. Checked both clutches cant see much wear. I have not had one problem with this sled, i do pop the seals on the boggy wheels and clean and regrease, a few were really dry, dont thing they would of went much longer, this is a must do.

·
Registered
425 Posts
2019 850 indy xc. This is by far the best sled i have ever had. Changed belt at the end of last year with 4200 miles on it,still looked like new, pulled 8100 rpms yet.Hit 120 MPH one time with perfect conditions [ice with dusting of snow. 2900 on new belt, looks like new, still pulls 8100 RPMS. I have never cleaned the power valves. they still move as free as when new.POLARIS EXTREME OIL cant be too bad.Never changed the slides. they have been 1/16 of an inch from the wear line for the last 6000 miles. Cant say enough about studboy shaper duese wear bars, 6000 miles and are still in good shape,ive hit so much blacktop where trails come out on a road, the concave surface on the side of these really makes ths sled turn well. Made a adaptor plate for skidoo double spring scratchers,drops temps 25 degrees on icey roads . I locktite 5/16 rollpins to the end of the scratchers, when they wear down i heat them up , pull off and locktite new roll pins on, only wore out one set of roll pins this year. 5200 miles on original plugs [ i normally dont go that many miles on plugs] After the 2020 reflash seems like my oil mileage is a little worse, 125 to 150 per quart,been getting 12 to 18 MPG, DEPENDING on snow conditions and flipper useage. Checked both clutches cant see much wear. I have not had one problem with this sled, i do pop the seals on the boggy wheels and clean and regrease, a few were really dry, dont thing they would of went much longer, this is a must do.
Its good to hear something positive once and a while.

·
Registered
2020 850 Indy xc 137
11 Posts
Awesome riding mileage JEALOUS!!😄If I get half of the riding time you had this year I'll be a happy camper!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the info. I started a thread about replacing my '15 SB with a 2019 85 XC and whether the new one will be reliable. Your comments provide welcomed support.

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 850
139 Posts
Have you ever checked the driveshaft/jack shaft bearings?
I’ve heard some say that they are undergreased from the factory. Sold my XC850 with just under 3k on it. Also problem free other than some bogie bearings. Going to be on an XCR 850 this season. Hope it is as good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts