Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get one of these, but don't know if it's worth my time and know nothing about these sleds. My friend's father in-law has 2 of them. He said I can have the "fast one" if I get the other one running. I looked at them today and they are in pretty good condition with 1200 mi on each. The one he wants to keep has electric start with I'm guessing, the Ram Air engine. The one I would get is seized up and has a JLO in it. At first I thought the JLO was not the original engine, but after looking closer, it appears that it is. Is it worth restoring, or were they a dime a dozen?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
The WT 440 is a great example of a trail sled from that period, and a good platform to build a '71 Wide Track Magnum 440, if a performance looking sled is what you want. The hoods look much more sporty and the seat would be changed to a non backrest wedge seat. I have a couple of these cowls, however they should be easy to locate in your area. If you go to www.davidsvintagesnowmobile.com you can look at brochures from that period and see what a sweet sled you can build with a little effort. Good luck and I hope you take on this project! Jeff

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I think the wt (widetrack) looked really cool. I have a buddy who's dad had two wt's and a sprint all 71's. i loved the stripe on those sleds. Are they in good shape? I myself would definatly try to get it, they don't make them anymore, LOL. I have a couple of my budy's dads original sleds already. A bolens and a chaparral. If you want to get rid of it let me know, Kevin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts