Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I know there have been a few topics about dropping a 600 into the 440 chassis, but how about the 700? I know kneedeep had a 700 put into his sled, but I cant find a topic about what it took. And I remember sr_erick had a website with his whole process about putting an 800 into the 440 chassis and changing the steering setup but I can't find that either.
So what exatly does it take? And what needs to be gotten rid of? A list would be awesome...sayyy if the only thing I got is the motor.
And what can I use from my current 440 setup? Can I use the primary? Wiring harness? Coils? Voltage regulator? Fuel pump? anything?

Thank you! :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
im no expert on this but since no ones answerd yet ill help what i can....coils and voltage reg. will work, primary will work just use diff wieghts/spring. Pritty shure you need motor mounts for it to.
sorry but thats all i can do for ya!

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to know thank you. I wasn't sure if there was a different primary that was for the big blocks.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
You'll need mounts, carbs, exhaust. MIght be able to use the 440 mounts and just redrill them?? Don't know about ignition. Might run into some coolant hoses not being in the right place. Would you keep the oil injection of the 700 or ditch it and do premix like the 440? Did you search on snowmobilefanatics for the writeup on ericks sled?? I guarantee its on his site somewhere.

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mounts... as in motor mounts or the straps? I thought about the coolant hose issue as well. I got the link from Erick but his write up is more of the whole process rather than the motor install. He only mentions drilling the bulkhead for the oil pump, which i would like to keep. He felt everything else was more common sence... But he did start with a rolling chassis, not a running 440.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Squid i have been looking in your link to your pictures, how´s the engine transplant and everything else coming along? im eager to see your badass sled :beerchug:

·
Registered
306 Posts
I just finished putting a 990 twin (based on 800) in my 2006 440 IQ.

Here are some of the high lights of what I needed:
Polaris motor straps PN 5135015 & 5135016
Polaris Steering post PN 1822779-067
Polaris hoop PN 1015066-067
Make 1.5" spacers to go between straps and engine

Exhaust will have to be custom made or possibly take a SLP single and cut it and re weld it. SLP did make twin for the 05 factory mod 800's that you might be able to find but I hear they were rather peaky pipes especially with all the timing they had to run in that combo so probably would not be good on trail. I had HTG make me twins that turned out real nice and fit under the hood without cutting up anything.

Can use the 440 coils and TEAM secondary that’s about it. The 440 primary clutch will fit but is different and lighter so I would not suggest using it, go with a big block primary with forged spider.
You will also need a 04 proX harness, CDI box, fuel pump.

I could not fit an oil pump in with out cutting, welding and reinforcing the bulkhead so that might be something I do this summer.

As for hoses I don’t think this should be that big of a deal just need to match things up or run some in-line splices I do not have a bypass circuit so it's one hose with an elbow clamped under the engine then the other uses the stock water bottle and hose with and in-line straight splice.

let me know if you need any other details.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts