Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,652 Posts
length of race? kind of terrain? both sleds pure stock?

All depends.. I've had my share of running against F7's this year. Trust me.. when your a 600 srx sitting on the line with 3 other F7's, you stand out... :lol:

·
Registered
11,320 Posts
If you mean SRX triple,, short run most times F7(660) unless it's a well tuned SRX,,top end ,, could go both ways, most likely SRX....R2R

·
Premium Member
11,652 Posts
If you mean SRX triple,, short run most times F7(660) unless it's a well tuned SRX,,top end ,, could go both ways, most likely SRX....R2R[/b]
You got that right. The triples are great for long runs.. but if ya are going to attempt to 500 foot grass drag triples like we do, you have to know what your doing. The goal is to get the triple power to kick in right away. Gearing will do that.

I've beaten an F7 twice in one day with my 600 srx in 500 feet grass drags. I almost picked off an F7 improver also.

My brothers 700 srx beat Factory cat's trail stock F7 at the snow bash this year. It depends if the triple is running good or not.

I'd say the srx will get the f7, if thats the triple your talking about. :thumbsup: Its nice to be the triple sometimes.. just because.. haha no real reason except when your sitting in the warm up blocks with 3 f7's and ya start the triple up.. :drool:

·
Registered
11,320 Posts
You got that right. The triples are great for long runs.. but if ya are going to attempt to 500 foot grass drag triples like we do, you have to know what your doing. The goal is to get the triple power to kick in right away. Gearing will do that.

I've beaten an F7 twice in one day with my 600 srx in 500 feet grass drags. I almost picked off an F7 improver also.

My brothers 700 srx beat Factory cat's trail stock F7 at the snow bash this year. It depends if the triple is running good or not.

I'd say the srx will get the f7, if thats the triple your talking about. :thumbsup: Its nice to be the triple sometimes.. just because.. haha no real reason except when your sitting in the warm up blocks with 3 f7's and ya start the triple up.. :drool:[/b]

Ihave run a few 700 SRX's in 660 and have handled them but my neighbor has a 02 and he has my number right now,, both sleds are stock but the guy tuning is the deciding factor on how well the 700 SRX runs in 660,, he knows his stuff,, the SRX is a badly tuned sled out of the box but it's in there just need to know how to get it out,,, never mixed it up top end with one yet,, might be interesting....R2R

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
The F-7 will own you, I'm Yamaha nut but a F-7 is a mouthful on a SRX, a Vmax (stock) doesn't have a prayer, you're bringing a knife to a gun fight.IMO

·
Registered
17 Posts
The F-7 will own you, I'm Yamaha nut but a F-7 is a mouthful on a SRX, a Vmax (stock) doesn't have a prayer, you're bringing a knife to a gun fight.IMO[/b]
Couldn't have said it any more clearer duste
my 04 Viper S has a hard time in short jonts with F7's, but we have a seven mile long lake here and I have yet to be beat from one end to the other stock vs stock

·
Registered
342 Posts
Couldn't have said it any more clearer duste
my 04 Viper S has a hard time in short jonts with F7's, but we have a seven mile long lake here and I have yet to be beat from one end to the other stock vs stock[/b]

Don`t think an F7 owner would hold it WOT for seven miles...Now a yammie is a different story...lmao

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
alll right...thanks...at least i didnt get bashed for being ignorant...but i guess thats why i asked cuz i didnt know....and if i did....i wouldnt have asked

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nother question.... why are srx's so much better...other than the individual pipes...which i understand add like 25hp

·
Registered
30 Posts
nother question.... why are srx's so much better...other than the individual pipes...which i understand add like 25hp[/b]
If you ever look at an srx they are so low to the ground it's not evan funny. I have yet to be beat be a F-7 across houghton lake. LOL. SRX is a very good sled and yamaha did somthing right when they built it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts