Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whenever i get in some deep powder my sled boggs down. right now it's all stock except for v force 3's and a skins protective gear ultra-q silencer. i took the airbox apart and there's alot of water in it. i ordered the slp high flo air horn intake kit and a 4 inch speed flo rite pre filter screen to replace the speedo. i'm thinking about gutting the airbox. i've been told from other people who have done this that they did not re-jet. any advise? right now i'm running 470 mains. other than the snow getting in my airbox, what would cause the bog? exhaust getting .clogged?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Powder is being sucked into the motor or the filters are plugged with snow. Make sure the seams around the head light and gauge pod are sealed up. Flow rites will help. Depending on the year, you can take your speedo out and put a 5 inch one in there or add 2 small ones on either side of the speedo and tach. Make sure you have the deflector in front of the exhaust out let. That usually isn't a problem if you are moving, just when you get stuck or stopped.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Powder is being sucked into the motor or the filters are plugged with snow. Make sure the seams around the head light and gauge pod are sealed up. Flow rites will help. Depending on the year, you can take your speedo out and put a 5 inch one in there or add 2 small ones on either side of the speedo and tach. Make sure you have the deflector in front of the exhaust out let. That usually isn't a problem if you are moving, just when you get stuck or stopped.[/b]
checked the headlight seal, it was BAD. i could see out under it.thanks for the heads up. so i gorilla taped the thing.it's sealed now, hopefully that fixes the problem. slp high flo air horn kit is in, i jetted up to 480 mains. flo rite isn't here yet.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
You are way too rich on the mains. Go down to 440's for sure. It is so rich that a bit of air restriction or exhaust restriction it will start to flood out.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are way too rich on the mains. Go down to 440's for sure. It is so rich that a bit of air restriction or exhaust restriction it will start to flood out.[/b]
are you sure? i'm under 2000 ft. the book says that i am jetted for the temp and elevation, but you seem to know your chit, and if your'e sure, i'll do it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm running 430's with the air box gutted and i don't seem to be having any troubles.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
The XC from that year, same airbox runs 440's. Likely because of the rmk having a different head and cdi box, they say 470. But the xc with 440 are still rich. Most run 420's, so you have 2 sizes safety with 440's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts