Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just taken the first ride of the season the last few days (got home today). I went about 400 miles in the last 3 days without a problem, until the last 35 miles heading back to the trailer. My sled started to mis-fire and skip badly anywhere from 4500- 5600 rpm. At idle it was fine and clutch engagement up to 20-25 mph (4500-4700rpm) then the skipping starts almost like a fouled plug or fuel blockage (stravation) also when it did this the check eng. light would flash just once (but I don't think it did it every time, it's hard to notice it). If I hit the gas and got above 5500 rpm it was fine like there was no problem? So the first thing I did was to stop and take out the plugs and change them (I never had to in 2800 miles of it's life, just change them at the start of each season just because). Well the cylinder next to the recoil plug was balck and a little wet so I thought that was it...but no. Once started back up it was doing the same thing so I ruled out it just being a bad plug, so I just nursed it back home that way. As I was riding it back I was thinking of what it could be (plugged injector, TPS sensor, coil...etc.). This is a 2006 Fusion 700 with 2 injectors per cylinder and I was told one in each cylinder is for low-mid range and the other per cylinder is for hi speed operation...that might explain why it only stops missing at higher speed?? I will be taking it into the dealer ASAP (today being Sunday hopefully tommorow). Do any of you guys have ever experinced this type of problem with a similar sled? Any ideas would be helpfull before I go to the dealer with it. By the way I have done all of the recalls and service notices (I have an excellent dealer that's right on top of all of that) and the sled has preformed flawless for me up to this point.......Please help with your ideas/experinces?

P.S. my warantee ran out just 6 weeks ago.....ouch!
Thank you!!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts