Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i finally cured the dragons plug killing problem.2 tanks of fuel gone now not one foul.:bc: i even switched back to the champion rn57yccs to see if it would foul those and nope, runs perfect.

i got a box of 32 plugs i ordered from ebay show up just in time for me to not need them.lol.anyways ...

so yesterday i was out playing with the fuel map abit and noticed i was suddenly only getting up to 7400-7800 rpms when it was 8250 always up till now.

immediately , i assume the worst.low compression.nope.

ok, maybe a broken primary spring or something with the belt?nope.

so i said well wttf then , so i pulled my ves valves.

well, on the pto side it appeared the nut that holds the bellow onto the gillotine had become super loose:ermm::dunno:

retightened it and gave em both a good cleaning.put em back in , boom , 8250 again.:buttrock:

ive had 3 edges with ves and never saw that happen before?should these be blue loctited or something ?

anyways, something to look out for that i never would have thought about till i seen this happen.

the adventure continues .....:roflmao:

·
Premium Member
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh , i then noticed after i pulled them out again to check the proper orientation of the gillotine(i put it in upside down like a democrat or something ) flipped em upright again went to put em back in and noticed oven cleaner i used to clean the gillotines somehow got on the bellows and ...well....

so two new bellows and gaskets going on tomorrow after work. oven cleaner does not get along well with rubber.

'the more you know ..' ....doh.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Warm soapy water on those rubbers. i did not know any better and used brakleen. That was a no no. I sure miss that old d7. One of the most fun sleds I have ever ridden.

·
Registered
40,072 Posts
Dawn dish soap works great on those bellows. Blue loctite on those nuts. Its seems the 7 and 800 motors have more of an issue on the guillotine nuts getting loose.

·
Premium Member
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Warm soapy water on those rubbers. i did not know any better and used brakleen. That was a no no. I sure miss that old d7. One of the most fun sleds I have ever ridden.
man i tell ya, i replaced the bellows today and took abit of time and adjusted the suspension clickers.

man , what a difference in ride,.i had the walkers set wayy too hard.soaks up the stutters now excellant.

just about 3 tanks of gas now with no fouling and the thing rips.

now that its working right, i got to say , im really starting to love this sled.:buttrock:

·
Premium Member
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nut came loose on my 2012, also just came loose on my buddies '15 indy this past weekend. Definitely need loctite.
yep i think ill pull em off again and put abit on there.:bc:

·
Premium Member
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dawn dish soap works great on those bellows. Blue loctite on those nuts. Its seems the 7 and 800 motors have more of an issue on the guillotine nuts getting loose.
yep noted.struck me as so odd. would have never thought to check em':dunno:

·
Premium Member
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Zr, if you wanted to change jobs, you could probably get a job at a Polaris dealer. You need to become a fricken tech to own one of these things. It's crazy.
hahaha yeah man its getting to that point.

my buddies tease me steady.

what you do to get it to stop killing plugs ?'

just had to set the tps base violtage and idle voltage properly , synch it up to the cable properly and remap the fuel....also by passing the ves solenoid help alot.'

'.....oh yeah? that it? wtf does that mean?':roflmao::roflmao:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts