Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode the 660 turbo today. Not a bad sled. Real quite.. sort of sneaks up on you. Does not feel heavy. Some turbo lag but when it gets spooled up it does stretch the arms. Overall, I liked this sled.

Thanks to Livingstons AC (Hillsboro NH) for the test ride.

BobCat

·
Registered
602 Posts
Bobcat:
Do you think a woman with a medium build would be comfortable with this sled? I'm concerned about the weight...you mentioned specifically that it did not feel heavy. Looking for a solution for my wife next year.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
flatlander,

I gave the following response on Amsnow:

<I would say it acts much like an older non-valve 550 or 600 but with more top end. <This sled will easily do 100+ yet it is smooth through the power band depending on <throttle opening. If you peg the throttle at 10mph you will feel some lag (sort of like a <lazy secondary) then things start too cook. You can actually get ski lift given the right <conditions but the ''hit' is not abrupt.

<Under ''normal'' conditions it is smooth and well mannered.

I think it would be great for her.
BobCat

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Flatlander,

Let me try this again.

I wrote this on Amsnow:
"I would say it acts much like an older non-valve 550 or 600 but with more top end. This sled will easily do 100+ yet it is smooth through the power band depending on throttle opening. If you peg the throttle at 10mph you will feel some lag (sort of like a lazy secondary) then things start too cook. You can actually get ski lift given the right conditions but the ''hit' is not abrupt.

Under ''normal'' conditions it is smooth and well mannered."

Again, I think it would be great for her.

BobCat

·
Registered
70 Posts
My dad was talking to a dealer today and said that they'll have the turbo out for testing sometime soon, so I think were gonna go out and take it for a test. Hopefully though they will have a firecat to ride too. hehe.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check this out:

http://www.firecat.info/index.php?act=ST&f...&f=8&t=6604&hl=

Also I wrote this on Amsnow:

"I would say it acts much like an older non-valve 550 or 600 but with more top end. This sled will easily do 100+ yet it is smooth through the power band depending on throttle opening. If you peg the throttle at 10mph you will feel some lag (sort of like a lazy secondary) then things start too cook. You can actually get ski lift given the right conditions but the ''hit' is not abrupt.

Under ''normal'' conditions it is smooth and well mannered."

BobCat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts