Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran 91.5- 92.7 with stock F7, faster than most 8's and there was a 9 there running 88-89. Also RX1 running under 90.

·
Registered
831 Posts
just back from radar run 1000'. 102 mph. tied another guy for fastest F7 there. We're right there with the Thunder Cats and everything else. beat just about every 700 and 800 there. no zr 900's, darn. rx1's are a joke!!! barely make 90. F 7's RULE!!!!

·
Registered
831 Posts
hard to tell exactly, but i would say they are real close.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Hope mine will do that good tomorrow,going to do some rader runs with stock gearing and going to try 20/39 in 660.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ran 1000' radar run today in Northern VT. I was the fastest stock twin there. Only stock sled that beat the F7 were the SRX's. I turned 94 mph...with 136 studs and my trail setup....didn't do a thing to it. SRX turned 98...I was very happy with my time. A little tinkering....would probably pull near 100 mph.....plus it was very cold up here today.....ice was VERY hard....no one could hook up unless they had ice studs

·
Registered
520 Posts
:D I can agree Zekester, ran F7 in snow drags and tried to look at speedo at finish line , speedo was showing 90mph. :D Beat every stock sled there. :lol:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I pulled 87mph with my rev600ho. this is with no studs and completely stock. I also saw a couple of f7s pull 94mph, neighbors zr900 ,with studs pulled 92. The ice was very hard and slippery. Crank Shop sled had the fast time of the day when i left 127mph, now that was fast. This was in Elmore Vt. Kids were doing run after run, just grinn'n the whole time. Seemed like everyone had a good time. :D

·
Registered
369 Posts
SRX?? I ran one 4 x's last weekend with aftermarket pipes and spanked it by 20 sleds in about 1500 feet. He was so far back in the snow dust I let off cause I couldn't see him any more. Im sure a lot is traction. I have 170 megabites he had 344 but still couldn't hook up. We also went from a roll.. hehe. Totally killed him.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Were any of you guys at Lake Shore Farm on Jenness pond in Northwood NH. Saturday? was over there myself watching the radar runs. Decent crowd I thought.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
we had radar runs yesterday too. 1000ft. on ice id say 85% of the sleds were skidoo. local dealership had their drag sleds their and claimed about every damn class with their revs. these things were strickly drag sleds. an f5 took the 500 class so that was good. he running around 83mph with studs. (he had his whole track studded :lol: ) the run was so disorganized it was pathetic. when i signed up i signed up for the stock 700 unstudded class. just before the runs they annouced that they were running studs and unstudded together and modifieds too! they kept the triples seperate though. wtf i thought. my best time was 91mph (unstudded stock) so that was pretty good was even faster than some studded 800 times. fastest time of the day was 116mph from the drag sled (440 rev, they ran in almost every class :( ) it just barely won over a thundercat at 115mph. after the run i dragged my friends sxr yamaha and his friend with a mxz700 (studded). the race was dead even and i mean dead even till about 95mph when i started to pull ahead. i thought damn i thought the f7 woulda whooped em bad. i know i was getting hellacious track spin though dont underestimate the yamaha triples is all i got to say.

what is the diff. between the srx and sxr? they had some srx's hooking up hard and hitting 98 and 99 mph?

i want to see what all sleds will do stock in the grass lol

·
Registered
94 Posts
SRXs usually run very good. It is the only Yamaha that will beat an F7. But as you guys are finding out, every machine runs different then every other one. Now, keeping this in mind, what does that say about clutch kits, pipes, reeds etc? It means that the Advertising hp for this stuff means nothing, unless you dial in your sled. If you just slap on parts, your wasting your time, and 90% of the time go slower. Interesting food for thought...........careful tuning and many, many runs, back to back are required to get "real fast".

·
Registered
831 Posts
radar run was at lake george, Minnesota. I have 204, 1.25 redtip studs, V force 3 reeds, speedwerx air intake, speedwerx clutch kit, removed shim from secondary, and I run amsoil.there is one more thing i won't divulge because guys i run against read these posts.a guy i know has the same the same sled with a straight line clutch kit and he beats me out of the hole by 2-3 sled lengths but he can't beat me on a radar run. oh ya, stock gears. :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts