Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
2 bearings suck , 2 are shot , 3 are ok.im going to go ahead and replace em all.

ordered up the ntn black ice teflons.15 bucks a bearing but its like no resistance. might as well.

6205s are the bigger idler wheels correct? 6004 the smaller bearings?

stv on black ice bearings

·
Registered
40,806 Posts
The ntn formula bearings with the blue seals were always best. Don't know about these new black ones, but they sound like a good product now. In the past those ntn bearings with black seals never stood up as good as the blue seal ones when it came to trail use.
6004 does sound like the number for those rear most idler wheels in the skid....at least for an edge skid.

·
Premium Member
5,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The ntn formula bearings with the blue seals were always best. Don't know about these new black ones, but they sound like a good product now. In the past those ntn bearings with black seals never stood up as good as the blue seal ones when it came to trail use.
6004 does sound like the number for those rear most idler wheels in the skid....at least for an edge skid.

the ntn blue seals are half price of these black ice jobbies.same bearing with a coating to prevent rusting is the jist i got from it

·
Registered
40,806 Posts
These black sealed ones are suppose to solve the issue when bearings get warm from running hrs on the trail, they draw in moisture as they cool when the sled is parked. This leads to the rusting issue if the grease no longer can protect those inner parts of the bearing. Having that coating now is suppose to solve that issue giving the bearing long life. +
Even the formula blue sealed bearings were always top shelve for me....still have the same set in my 600 from years ago. These black ones seem even better if that coating holds up.

·
Vendor
10,122 Posts
don't use black ice bearings for trail riding. these are grass and ice drag bearings. they will fail very quickly on the trail. trust me this is what we do @ NSP test stuff like this non stop. these absolutely suck for average trail riding. these are drag race bearing's. poor mans replacement for ceramic's.

·
Premium Member
5,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
don't use black ice bearings for trail riding. these are grass and ice drag bearings. they will fail very quickly on the trail. trust me this is what we do @ NSP test stuff like this non stop. these absolutely suck for average trail riding. these are drag race bearing's. poor mans replacement for ceramic's.
too late. lol.

·
Registered
40,806 Posts
From what i understand theses black ntn bearings are suppose to be better than the older ones that were known not to hold up long for trail sleds?

·
Premium Member
5,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
From what i understand theses black ntn bearings are suppose to be better than the older ones that were known not to hold up long for trail sleds?
according to the videos and from what i read, pretty much the same bearing as the blue seal ntns with an anti rust coating .

·
Registered
40,806 Posts
according to the videos and from what i read, pretty much the same bearing as the blue seal ntns with an anti rust coating .
Yeah, thats the same thought i got. If their just advertising the same old ntn bearing that came with black seals, they won't last very long like the formula blue ones.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Interested how this turns out. 👍 Ive toyed the idea of doing a 144 kit on my IQ.
Lately tho think I might just pull the trigger on a used Assault.
My IQ 600 is spin city also in a drag race and I am studded. I can imagine an un studded 700 being even worse.

·
Vendor
10,122 Posts
we do snow drags radar runs all the time. 144 assault 660' has not been beat. stock 1.86 gearing 1.6 cobra track. now if grass or ice drag's. you gear so it runs out 50' from the finish. this with traction without and spin. whole different animal when you can hook hard.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts