Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I am thinking of going with a 660 big bore kit in my 08 600RR this summer and wondering what’s the best way to go?

·
Registered
60 Posts
660 Kit

Hey there, I'm not sure about currently but 5 years ago I was looking into doing the 660 kit. A member on here, Anger890, was doing them. Maybe send him a message if you're still interested in it.

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
14,753 Posts
Carls Cycle did mine and are/were one of the best. check with them

·
Registered
41,029 Posts
Carls did a 660 fusion for a friend near here. There isn't a stock 800 thats beat it in 1000' runs. Htg did another sometime earlier from a 00 gen 2. Didn't run good at all... the porting looked like someones first big job. Our engine guy did it over to make it run much better, but i still don't think its in the same league as carls.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had a Carl's Cycle 660 kit on a 01 edge and that would pass a lot of 800's at the time!
I would highly recommend them.

·
Administrator
25,009 Posts
I’d love to 660 my Fusion. I’ve wanted to do it since I bought it new in 2006. If all goes well though, I’ll probably be looking for a newer wrecked sled to rebuild to replace the Fusion with, in the next year or so.

·
Registered
41,029 Posts
The 660 carls fusion here runs an slp pipe and only 92 octane fuel or better. We call it the blue flame. That sled rips.

·
Administrator
25,009 Posts
The 660 carls fusion here runs an slp pipe and only 92 octane fuel or better. We call it the blue flame. That sled rips.

Had the SLP pipe on mine and while it did make it rip pretty good, it fit like shit and melted everything. My BMP mod pipe pulls just as hard and fits like stock.

·
Registered
Coming soon 850 VR1 & 650 VR1
1,023 Posts
Another vote for Carl’s. I had a 685 built by Jack and it absolutely ripped. Jack will also give you setup information for wherever and whatever elevation you will be riding that is spot on.

·
Registered
41,029 Posts
Had the SLP pipe on mine and while it did make it rip pretty good, it fit like shit and melted everything. My BMP mod pipe pulls just as hard and fits like stock.
Just saying that slp pipe worked really well with the 660 top end carls did. I think the head/squish was done for more performance to. I think this guy hardly trail rides the sleds, but rather camps out on lakes, and ponds in the area just waiting for someone to show up. He likes to refer to himself as the king of the pond.:laff:

·
Administrator
25,009 Posts
Just saying that slp pipe worked really well with the 660 top end carls did. I think the head/squish was done for more performance to. I think this guy hardly trail rides the sleds, but rather camps out on lakes, and ponds in the area just waiting for someone to show up. He likes to refer to himself as the king of the pond.:laff:

Oh I have no doubt that maybe the SLP works better on the 660. It’s a bigger pipe dimensionally so that would probably help with more cc. It just doesn’t fit under a Fusion hood like, at all. It was bad. Mine is clean and never been wrecked so it’s not like there is something that’s moved causing the pipe not to fit as good.

And let’s not even get into how freaking WAY off SLPs jetting suggestions were. The sled literally would load up so bad, at literally every throttle position, that on a 15 degree day it fouled plugs, ON E10 FUEL! It was bad. :lol:

·
Registered
41,029 Posts
Every pipe or pipes i've installed the recommended jetting by whoever built it was pig rich...slp was always way off. I think they test their stuff at a higher elevation to begin with and add 8 sizes richer for the low lander guys. As far as fit...yeah its very tight needing a bunch of trimming, and tweaking. His when all said and installed didn't look bad.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts