Hardcore Sledder banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
I dont own one but my most frequent riding partner does and Ive ridden it. I have a 600R Renegade so thats what I compare it to. the 650 is a stout performer, strong midrange. We never lined up but I'd guess its faster than my 600R. Biggest improvement over the Poo 600's is definitely the fuel and oil consumption. We ride the same and I was consistently getting almost double the fuel mileage on my 600Etecs as he was on his last 4 or 5 Poo 600's. The 650 is very close to the Etec. I would buy one.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Now im jacked .. Im getting my spring checked xcr650/128 this sat. pull start basic gauge. was trying to make it light as possible.. I dunno. but in tighter Muskoka trails I think it will be a good fit.
You won't be dissapointed.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
870 Posts
I dont own one but my most frequent riding partner does and Ive ridden it. I have a 600R Renegade so thats what I compare it to. the 650 is a stout performer, strong midrange. We never lined up but I'd guess its faster than my 600R. Biggest improvement over the Poo 600's is definitely the fuel and oil consumption. We ride the same and I was consistently getting almost double the fuel mileage on my 600Etecs as he was on his last 4 or 5 Poo 600's. The 650 is very close to the Etec. I would buy one.
Snowtrax has a YouTube video where they raced the 600R vs the 650 and 650 beat it everytime.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
First ride out mileage wasn't the best. Topped them off today. 58 miles, 2020 800 XCR sb with 1.35 cobra, 162 studs, with 3500 miles. 2022 bran new, 650 XCR, 136, 1.35 cobra, 108 studs. 800 used 4 gallons, 650 used 4.5. Obviously not judging it yet. Just what we got. My dad rode the 650 out and I on the 800. We switched for the return trip. So as equal of a comparo as you can get.

·
Registered
870 Posts
thx , I was toying with xrs600 comp last spring, so this was my version of that. Seemed pretty clever at the time... pickup is now tomorrow aft!!!!
Jealous. Still waiting on mine from Byers. It shipped on the 27th. Hopefully soon!

·
Registered
30 Posts
nice that's were my 19xc came from. I bought it second hand, this is from Seguin Marine just north of cottage. apparently they have a bunch in and I got switched to fri cause they have too many deliveries on sat. mine was up here for a couple weeks but waiting on sensor or something.

·
Registered
'22 VR1 650 129", '16 ProS 800
538 Posts
15 miles on mine today for the first time. Impressed with the power so far compared to my 800 ProS.

Gauge and handwarmers are awesome.

Played with a couple suspension adjustments, but at this point I think the ProS is superior in the tight turns.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Snowtrax has a YouTube video where they raced the 600R vs the 650 and 650 beat it everytime.

I should hope so, it does, after all, enjoy an 8+% displacement advantage; something would be seriously wrong it if it didn't. Just sayin'...

That aside, the 650 is definitely a home run for Polaris

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I should hope so, it does, after all, enjoy an 8+% displacement advantage; something would be seriously wrong it if it didn't. Just sayin'...

That aside, the 650 is definitely a home run for Polaris
I would of just called the 650 a 600ss. Doo had the 500ss, a 600, for years 🙄

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
That or just do series like cat.

·
Registered
596 Posts
That never did make sense to me haha. They were good sleds though.
Doo did that as they had the 600 HO (Type 594) out by then, so they decided to "get clever" with the old Type 597 mill, a way of avoiding confusion for consumers I guess. Don't think it was meant to be a "cheater" sled as the Doo 850, Polaris 840 and 650 are. Wonder who will be next with such a model? I suspect things will eventually settle on 700s and 900s, before they all go electric

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
I agree on 700s. 900s I have a hard time with. Think cat might try to push it, but seems like 850 is the upper sweet spot.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I agree on 700s. 900s I have a hard time with. Think cat might try to push it, but seems like 850 is the upper sweet spot.
Reliability, or rather durability, is the big question mark on big twins. I LOVE my 6000 RXC but would love it even more with an extra 100 cc. Take the new Patriot 650's stellar powerband and delivery and give it another 7% (or the Rotax 600R, another incredible engine, and grow it 16%) and enjoy! I am giddy just thinking about it :)

P.S. Sorry for the tangent.... now back to our regularly scheduled thread, lol

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
had an '06 SS bought new kept in the stable for 10 years. geared clutched suspended and tailored to me, handed out a lot of embarrassment...was a fantastic machine!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Put a but more time on my xcr. 2days in. Haven’t barred it yet but some spirted has happened. Don’t miss my 19xc 800 at all. A swear it lifts the skis easier but that also ice ripper (xc) vs 1.35 cobra 1.45 studs. But man it’s fun

41 - 60 of 81 Posts