Hardcore Sledder banner
21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Polaris Indy XC 650 137...2017 Ski-Doo renegade 900...
86 Posts
I would love to give you my opinion of my new 650 but it hasn't been delivered yet... Come on Polaris I'd like to have my snow check...

·
Registered
2021 Polaris 650 Matryx Indy VR1 137
332 Posts
I have about 300 miles on the 650 Vr1 137 I bought used last february. I came off a 800 ProS. I am not missing the 800 at all. This past week we were breaking trail in 15-18 inchs of snow much of the day and it powered through just fine. On the harder pack trail it just runs strong. It definatly has the fun factor! At the gas station I was useing 5.6 gallons against my son's 800 ProS switchback
Snow Branch Slope Freezing People in nature
that used over 7 gallons. I am not a high speed lake racer so this 650 is all I need.

·
Registered
83 Posts
One thing not mentioned that I noticed. I only put on 650 miles last year due to poor conditions and limited time to ride. That strong mid range everyone mentioned became much more noticeable on my last ride, in other words, after break in. Had one of those wow moments coming off a turn and up a hill. Great sled so far!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Took my sled to dealer. They updated the software in the ecu< ssa21-01> and the 7s. No chance to ride yet to see if the sled runs better. Did the 21 650s not come with that program?

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,572 Posts
Took my sled to dealer. They updated the software in the ecu< ssa21-01> and the 7s. No chance to ride yet to see if the sled runs better. Did the 21 650s not come with that program?
If you want to learn some about the Power Boosting Regulator and SSA21-01 take a look at this thread. It is linked in the Matryx FAQ sticky.

Diagrams and charts explaining the Circuits on 650 & 850 Patriot motor and how the Power Boosting Regulator manages them.
Also explains the Snowmobile Service Advisory: SSA-21-01 Bulletin that details what sort of problems this Software update of the PBR Power Boosting Regulator, is intended to fix:
PBR Power Boosting Regulator Technical Information post#1

·
Registered
797 Posts
Was not happy with the power. Poor throttle response. Peak rpm not what others were seeing.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I got a chance to ride my 650 xcr today. Coming off a 21 vr850. I am very impressed with the power. Great mid range, make no mistake it's not a 850. Pulls hard though.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Rode my dad's today, identical to my snow check except, his 650, mine 850. His is here, mine is not haha. Rode back to back with '20 800 xcr sb. I was very impressed with the power compared to the 800. No 800 out there is gonna run away from one of these 650's on the trail. Waaaay more mid range than the older 600's, I think this engine is a real winner. Was also the first ride for the 650 today, so still in break in etc...We didn't get any top end chances but I feel the 650 will run out of steam as you'd expect. But kudos to Poo, I think they have these things clutched and geared spot on.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Rode my dad's today, identical to my snow check except, his 650, mine 850. His is here, mine is not haha. Rode back to back with '20 800 xcr sb. I was very impressed with the power compared to the 800. No 800 out there is gonna run away from one of these 650's on the trail. Waaaay more mid range than the older 600's, I think this engine is a real winner. Was also the first ride for the 650 today, so still in break in etc...We didn't get any top end chances but I feel the 650 will run out of steam as you'd expect. But kudos to Poo, I think they have these things clutched and geared spot on.
Agree. The mid range on it is really shocking. And that's where most trail riding is done..corner to corner it's a beast.
Can't wait to get mine.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
797 Posts
I must have got one with a cold ecu. 9mpg and feels like the mapping is really fat. Luck of the draw i guess. Looking to go back to an 850.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I must have got one with a cold ecu. 9mpg and feels like the mapping is really fat. Luck of the draw i guess. Looking to go back to an 850.
That's the first complaint about one I've heard.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Now im jacked .. Im getting my spring checked xcr650/128 this sat. pull start basic gauge. was trying to make it light as possible.. I dunno. but in tighter Muskoka trails I think it will be a good fit.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Now im jacked .. Im getting my spring checked xcr650/128 this sat. pull start basic gauge. was trying to make it light as possible.. I dunno. but in tighter Muskoka trails I think it will be a good fit.
I enjoy my 128" 650 in the tight woods. But I did add the ES and 7S gauge, figured my dirt bike has ES now my sled should. The 7S gauge is a very nice feature, glad I added it to my sled

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
Yes clearly your sled was not right. These things get mid teens for mpg and are little rockets.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts