Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm helping a friend do a rebuild and my sled is 50 miles away so I can't use it as reference. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could go pop their hood on their 600ves and check this out for me...

On the 600 small-block motors, the oil pump has two small outputs on the top of the pump, and two small outputs on the "bottom" of the pump. (For reference, the large inlet is on the middle / right side).

Where do each of these outputs go, once the hoses are connected to them?

Upper left = Short hose, goes to case port about a two inches away.
Upper right = Medium length hose, goes to pto-side carb.

Bottom left (its the one that's actually on the *bottom* of the pump) = ?????
Bottom right (its just underneath/below the large inlet port) = ?????

Which one of the "bottom" output-ports goes to the mag-carb, and which one gets the ultra-long hose that gets routed over to the PTO-side of the crankcase?

TIA!!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found a pic that would be useful in describing my question better.... I know the oil pumps changed slightly over the years, but I believe all still have the same 4 output ports in approx the same locations....

See pic below.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
(Post from Snowest)
FACTORY STOCK PLUMBING..TOP MAG SIDE FITTING ON OIL PUMP GOES TO THE PTO SIDE CAB...OUTLET ON THE BOTTOM/MAG SIDE OF THE PUMP GOES
TO THE MAG SIDE CARB..TOP PTO SIDE FITTING ON THE OIL PUMP GOES TO THE CRANKCASE...HOPE THIS HELPS..(end quote)

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Anybody know how the SB PERC pumps are? They look different, but are they still hooked up the same, since the pump in both directions?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Not to intrude, but thanks for the quote P-nut. I add Perc over the summer and while im pretty sure i route the hoses correctly,and have ran the motor for about 10mins figure im ok, but id like to double check them...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, thanks for the 'find' on Snowest!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I couldnt remember off the top of my head. It was easier to cut and paste, LOL. I seem to forget stuff over the summer.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by PolarisNut@Oct 2 2005, 08:32 PM
I couldnt remember off the top of my head.  It was easier to cut and paste, LOL.  I seem to forget stuff over the summer.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=904637
[/quote]

Amen to that... I wonder how many of us (myself included!) tape notes to various things in the springtime just to "remember" it in the fall. For example, I have a note on my carbs telling me what main jets are currently installed, a note on the disassembled secondary telling me which helix hole to put the spring back into, a note on the shock-springs telling me how much preload to readjust them to, etc...

I forgot to do this stuff one year in the springtime before storage, and then spent several weeks in December scratching my head on how and what things were set-up the previous winter.... ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts