Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother in law and I both have 600sdi and both have had battery failures this year, They are both new machines and bought at two different places. Mine went at on the first ride and his took 200 miles. The dealer told me they were SH%* batteries and they had a few problems with them last year. Anybody else have these problems and any suggestions from keeping this happening again? The dealer suggested when warranty was up to install a larger battery?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
snowman74,

This is the first SDI i've owned and i heard that the sled won't start if the battery dies...Is this true? What do you do if you're on the trails when this happens?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
snowman74,

This is the first SDI i've owned and i heard that the sled won't start if the battery dies...Is this true? What do you do if you're on the trails when this happens?[/b]
If you have a completely dead battery it will not start but if you have a low battery the capacitor will help it to start but the less power the battery has the harder it will be to start. With a low battery it will not go into reverse and will do other wierd things. If you have electric start and your battery dies you can pull til your blue in the face it will not start. Skidoo should do a little more research on batteryless efi like cat has!

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
You can still start the sled, unless the battery is completely dead which is hard to do. Its not like your sled will randomly stop running when your going down the trail. My battery was dead when i took out the sled after the summer and i just gave it a slow charge for like 12 hours and now its fine.

-doos efi is a much better system than cats, the only downside like you said snowman74 is that it requires a battery.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
-doos efi is a much better system than cats, the only downside like you said snowman74 is that it requires a battery.[/b]
Just talked to the dealer today about why Doo's need batteries. He said too
that there system is more advanced like a port injected car. Not like the old
throttle body injection of the first EFI cars. Hence, this is what the cats use
is like fuel injected carbs not semi direct injection which takes more power
to run. Maybe in the future but he didn't know when either.

RBT700
:div20:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts