Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
7,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the 600 the only size they offer? How does it compare power wise to an F6? And can they be made fast? I was looking at one at Extreme Power Sports in Gaylord Saturday and I am coming around to the looks, I like the standing position, I have to say I have never seen any on the trail or anywhere else other than at Extreme

·
Registered
139 Posts
yes only in 600, i have one and a friend of mine has f7 i beat him out of the hole uo to about 80 then he hit his nitrous! fast for 600 and also made for jumping and ditch banging! love it!!!

·
Premium Member
‘21 Indy 600 SP 137 & 2015 RMK 155 LE
25,382 Posts
Great ditch bangin sled for sure. Trying to ride it on the trails like a normal trail sled.........:no:

660 that little 6 and she'll be in the 140's, on pump fuel, easy.

I'd love to 136 and 660 one but it would kick the shit out of me if I tried
to ride it on the trails, plain and simple. Off trail or ditch bangin', no problem.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm glad to see Polaris sell this sled. I saw one on the trail in western N.Y. I think it would be fun if you if you did not have a lot of trail you could lay out a loop in a field and get a good work out. This sled will take the pounding. Smart move by Polaris . In the last few years i've seen a lot of IQ racers with 600 trail motors installed on ebay. Now you can buy one right out of the box. I think the price is a little steep though.

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
My dealer has one in Frankenmuth! That sled is a good ditch banger and trail sled, if you like to ride aggressive in the trails. Dont buy it and expect to cruise down a trail and not get tossed around a little. The shocks aren't the sno cross shocks on it they are revalved and adjustable. It has stock 126 HP and it is a carb so if you wanted it would be easy to mod. Never rod one, but when Polaris comes out w/ an 800 motor in it I am geting one! It aslo has reverse on it too, which is nice I am glad they put that on it.

600 is the only size they make.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
in stock form they do not handle well on the trails(there a little tall so they high center), but install a set of aftermarket spindles on it and she is loads better. i have power addition spindles and slp powder pros on mine(mines an 2005 IQR 440 with a 800 in it, but still same chassie) and it handles very well on the trails, but i like it more for ditch banging and boondocking.
the shocks are still pretty stiff in stock form as well, so they may need a revalve for your style.
they are tougher than nails thats for sure. fairly light in weight for as tough as they are, and they are some easy ways to drop 50 pounds off them if you got the coin to do it.

·
Registered
7,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My dealer has one in Frankenmuth! That sled is a good ditch banger and trail sled, if you like to ride aggressive in the trails. Dont buy it and expect to cruise down a trail and not get tossed around a little. The shocks aren't the sno cross shocks on it they are revalved and adjustable. It has stock 126 HP and it is a carb so if you wanted it would be easy to mod. Never rod one, but when Polaris comes out w/ an 800 motor in it I am geting one! It aslo has reverse on it too, which is nice I am glad they put that on it.

600 is the only size they make.[/b]
When they come out with an 800 That might be my next sled, I will always love the Cats but I really like the looks of that 600rr, I am going to keep checking it out, I have to say I didnt think the seat was comfortable at all, I could live with that, I would like to know honestly how it runs against an F6-7, If anyone knows let me know, Thanks

·
Registered
606 Posts
Great ditch bangin sled for sure. Trying to ride it on the trails like a normal trail sled.........:no:

660 that little 6 and she'll be in the 140's, on pump fuel, easy.

I'd love to 136 and 660 one but it would kick the shit out of me if I tried
to ride it on the trails, plain and simple. Off trail or ditch bangin', no problem.[/b]

I sure love my 06 racer with carls 660 and 136 x 1.5 track! Its not a sled for 300 trail miles a day but 200 of off trail/trail ditch its the best ever!!!! Yes, you will need shorter spindles and softer shocks!!!! Overall they are a fun sled if you like that type of riding with very little sitting!

·
Registered
7,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I sure love my 06 racer with carls 660 and 136 x 1.5 track! Its not a sled for 300 trail miles a day but 200 of off trail/trail ditch its the best ever!!!! Yes, you will need shorter spindles and softer shocks!!!! Overall they are a fun sled if you like that type of riding with very little sitting![/b]
I dont ride 300 mile days, 60-100 is good for me really, I am 240lbs so the stiffer shocks might be nice, Why do ya need shorter spindals?

·
Registered
7,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You guys are talking about this sled right? I have never payed any attention to polaris until this sled so please be patient with me, LOL

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
That is the sled they are talking about. The one guy who said yoiu need to cut the spindles down that is for the racer chasis, not the RR. In order for a good ride guys cut down the spindles from years 05-07 that is just for the 440 IQ Racer. Then they came out with this Racer Replica. It has all that done for you to ditch bang powder ride and what not. This is an awsome sled, although I have never ridin one yet, maybe this weekend. 60-100 miles a day this sled is great if you prefer playing over trail riding. Go to the 440 polaris forum and read about it, it is all over on performance.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I love the idea of the RR and the looks are very cool. I agree with everyone that said that this isn't an easy trail sled, but if you ride the rough stuff, which include beat out trails, then it might be just the ticket. The funny thing to me is that everyone wants an 800 in it (including me) but when you stop and think about where this sled shines, which is the rough stuff, can you really use anymore power than what you can already get out of a 600? Probably not, but if they made an 800RR, I'd still want it for ditch banging and rough trails.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
That is the sled they are talking about. The one guy who said yoiu need to cut the spindles down that is for the racer chasis, not the RR. In order for a good ride guys cut down the spindles from years 05-07 that is just for the 440 IQ Racer. Then they came out with this Racer Replica. It has all that done for you to ditch bang powder ride and what not. This is an awsome sled, although I have never ridin one yet, maybe this weekend. 60-100 miles a day this sled is great if you prefer playing over trail riding. Go to the 440 polaris forum and read about it, it is all over on performance.[/b]
no you need the short spindles for the rr to, its the exact same as the racer. they sit high in the fromt and are no trail carving machine. it will take anything you give it though. to clarify the 600 rr is the exact same sled as the 06 and 07 racers with a oil injects 600, big tank, softer shock vavling, and reverse.

·
Registered
7,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no you need the short spindles for the rr to, its the exact same as the racer. they sit high in the fromt and are no trail carving machine. it will take anything you give it though. to clarify the 600 rr is the exact same sled as the 06 and 07 racers with a oil injects 600, big tank, softer shock vavling, and reverse.[/b]
I am not that aggressive of a trail rider, I think I could ride one in the trails just fine, Has there been any talks of an 800?

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
I am not that aggressive of a trail rider, I think I could ride one in the trails just fine, Has there been any talks of an 800?[/b]
well also note it a stand up sled for the most aprt not much sitting.
as for the 800 lots of use poo guys want one but dont know if poo is going to do it. the IQ chassis is based to fit the small block 440 and 600 engine. with motor plates you can put an 800 in put it takes time and money. really a 660 or 685 kit will be like having an 800 with less weight. poo made this sled for the guys who like to big and hit things far, not designed to be the lake runner.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I am not that aggressive of a trail rider, I think I could ride one in the trails just fine, Has there been any talks of an 800?[/b]
This sled is a bit of a 'parts bin special' from Polaris using mostly existing stuff. And jumping from carbs to fuel injection for a low volume seller seems like a stretch (not that I wouldn't want one), the only current carb motor is the 600HO so I don't expect to see anything other than a 600 anytime soon (although I'd love it if I were wrong).

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
This sled is a bit of a 'parts bin special' from Polaris using mostly existing stuff. And jumping from carbs to fuel injection for a low volume seller seems like a stretch (not that I wouldn't want one), the only current carb motor is the 600HO so I don't expect to see anything other than a 600 anytime soon (although I'd love it if I were wrong).[/b]
I agree but you might see the new race 600 ? If they are going to release it to the public I think it'll be on the rr next year.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
That is the sled they are talking about. The one guy who said yoiu need to cut the spindles down that is for the racer chasis, not the RR. In order for a good ride guys cut down the spindles from years 05-07 that is just for the 440 IQ Racer. Then they came out with this Racer Replica. It has all that done for you to ditch bang powder ride and what not. This is an awsome sled, although I have never ridin one yet, maybe this weekend. 60-100 miles a day this sled is great if you prefer playing over trail riding. Go to the 440 polaris forum and read about it, it is all over on performance.[/b]
Like "TimeSpent..."said above the Race Replica (RR) has the same spindles as the regular IQ racer. They have the taller spindles for better clearance and suspension travel for jumps/moguls. People have been cutting the spindles or buying shorter aftermarket spindles to lower the center of gravity to reduce corner ski lift for trail riding.
If you don't mind more body english for cornering and don't race through corners it shouldn't be that big of an issue. I heard the shock package has basically the same dampening that came with my sled stock. Where my sled is pretty much the same sled concept as the RR except Poo was nice enough to put the right motor in it. I rebuilt my shocks last year with the same specs as factory. But, put stiffer front springs in it to reduce the sled roll while cornering because of the lack of a sway bar. That being said, the sled will ride like a lumber wagon, but it will handle as big a bump you can give it as long as you can hold on. The faster you go the smoother the ride. Even if you get sick of the 600 you can always do this.
These sleds are very quick to 80, but do to the big bump suspension and steep track angle top end numbers are just not there. It is possible though to relocate the rear suspension back a few inches and add a 128" track which will reduce the track attack angle and increase top end. Which I don't think anyone would do unless they went bigger than the 600. They are great sleds to dick around on, but be prepared to dress warm because there is little to no wind protection. I really like the IQ's because there is numerous ways to mod them to fit your specific application.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts