Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
I was reading somewhere that the pipe did nothing for performance.I believe it was amsnow.There is also some good clutching info there. sounds like it took very few changes to see like 107 on ice on a 600cfi.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
My brother that knows & talked to one the Excellent Upper SLP folks yesterday, he said that the 600 CFI IQ pipe final testing on snow has turned out EXCELLENT!!!! Brother has only one IQ 600 CFI pipe on order, for his IQ, should receive soon. SLP plans to start shipping out the early ordered IQ 600cc CFI SLP pipes soon.

Brother’s shop has installed several Fusion HO 600cc SLP pipes last year & this year.
When jetted rich 420 mains in Wis & with heaver Polaris clutch weights very little increase in performance.

But when jetted down 400 mains (must read spark plug burn line on ground electrod, due to ign timing variables), stock ign timing, SLP high flow air box gutted, SLP Flow-Rights & “”SLP MTX”” clutch weights much much faster then stock & improved MPG.

I do not believe anything that the Pro Yamaha AmSnowmobiler folks have to say!!!!!!!!!!

Just a side comment, not read on AmSnowmobile:
The Yamaha two ton 4-strokes are so cheap to operate, do not need to add injection oil, but a Yamaha Apex oil change is usually $268.00
Brothers friend’s new 1000 Yamaha Apex after 300 miles, $520 for new slides, oil change & two new Polaris idler wheels not covered under warranty. After the first ride the Yamaha haaa haaa had to purchase & install an extra heat exchanger for his new over heating Yahamaaaaaa haaaaa haaaaa Apex!!!!!!!!
Safe sledding; Rich

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
My brother that knows & talked to one the Excellent Upper SLP folks yesterday, he said that the 600 CFI IQ pipe final testing on snow has turned out EXCELLENT!!!! Brother has only one IQ 600 CFI pipe on order, for his IQ, should receive soon. SLP plans to start shipping out the early ordered IQ 600cc CFI SLP pipes soon.

Brother’s shop has installed several Fusion HO 600cc SLP pipes last year & this year.
When jetted rich 420 mains in Wis & with heaver Polaris clutch weights very little increase in performance.

But when jetted down 400 mains (must read spark plug burn line on ground electrod, due to ign timing variables), stock ign timing, SLP high flow air box gutted, SLP Flow-Rights & “”SLP MTX”” clutch weights much much faster then stock & improved MPG.

I do not believe anything that the Pro Yamaha AmSnowmobiler folks have to say!!!!!!!!!!

Just a side comment, not read on AmSnowmobile:
The Yamaha two ton 4-strokes are so cheap to operate, do not need to add injection oil, but a Yamaha Apex oil change is usually $268.00
Brothers friend’s new 1000 Yamaha Apex after 300 miles, $520 for new slides, oil change & two new Polaris idler wheels not covered under warranty. After the first ride the Yamaha haaa haaa had to purchase & install an extra heat exchanger for his new over heating Yahamaaaaaa haaaaa haaaaa Apex!!!!!!!!
Safe sledding; Rich[/b]
Rich:

Not a bash at you - but I laugh my a$$ off it when guys add a Pipe and then make 6 other changes and then claim the improvements where a result of the Pipe.

They jetted it on the edge, added SLP flow rights, gutted the air box, clutched the hell out of it. Then they added a Pipe. But of course it was faster - because of the Pipe!! LMAO!!!

P.S. Do you expect the SLP guy to actually say "We are not seeing much gain - keep your money"??

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats a valid point Red, but if it's not much louder than stock, and offers a reasonable gain without a reflash, i'd be interested. i guess i don't want to guinea pig it myself.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Thats a valid point Red, but if it's not much louder than stock, and offers a reasonable gain without a reflash, i'd be interested. i guess i don't want to guinea pig it myself.[/b]
Spidey:

Not bashing the pipe - just the way some guys attribute gains to products thats all. Total lack of an analytical approach. 5-6 variables all changed at the same time.

Considering the weather here - lets just hope you can get the thing well broke in this season!

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
slp was claiming a increase with there can and after buying one it was posted that there was no gain in side by side testing.Im against the added noise but if it does nothing for performance,why bother?I to would like to see an increase in performance but I suspect I will find it through clutching.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Give a call to Bikeman Performance. Try their own pipe. You send them your pipe they rework it. Still uses stock can and covers. Looks and sounds let stock but gives great mid range and top end HP numbers. Check out the dyno numbers on spam......

·
Registered
24 Posts
Give a call to Bikeman Performance. Try their own pipe. You send them your pipe they rework it. Still uses stock can and covers. Looks and sounds let stock but gives great mid range and top end HP numbers.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Rich:

Not a bash at you - but I laugh my a$$ off it when guys add a Pipe and then make 6 other changes and then claim the improvements where a result of the Pipe.

They jetted it on the edge, added SLP flow rights, gutted the air box, clutched the hell out of it. Then they added a Pipe. But of course it was faster - because of the Pipe!! LMAO!!!

P.S. Do you expect the SLP guy to actually say "We are not seeing much gain - keep your money"??[/b]
Red Rocket, good point. I too question how much is actually gained with the SLP single pipe. I will not add a SLP pipe, FlowRights or the new SLP head to my 700 Dragon until it is dialed in stock and then there must be some good reports from the top HCS folks!!!

If my old memory is correct from last year:
1... But on my brother’s 06 600 HO with the HP eating M10 (he was too busy) I jetted down to 390 mains, balanced Poo clutch weights to 62 grams, SLP high flow air box gutted & installed SLP Flow-Rights. The 600 HO was only 3 sled lengths behind a stock set up 06 700 Fusion.

2... I installed the SLP pipe, 65 gram Poo weights jetted to 420 mains, leaner then SLP’s very fat 450 main jet spec, if my old memory is correct. Then not much faster then leaned out stock pipe set up, if any.

3... Then leaned out to 400 mains, about even with the stock set up 700 Fusion.
4... Then installed SLP MTX weights that appeared to be the biggest gain, 65 grams with rivet in end hole.
Then about 3 sled lengths ahead of the stock set up 06 700 Fusion if my old memory is correct.

A SLP piped sled must be leaned out much leaner then SLP spec & must have SLP MTX clutch weights to be faster then a well set up sled with a stock pipe!!! Safe Sledding; Rich

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.