Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guy's having some problem's with I think is one of the clutches sticking or binding on sled. It has happened 3 times on me now, twice in reverse and once in forward. What happened is, after warming up sled. Engaged PERC was backing up sled about 15 ft, let off gas and it bogged down motor and killed motor. Went to pull rope couldnt hardly pull it. Reached in and rocked belt back and forth clunking noise came from one of the clutches. Then sled pulled over fine. When it had killed the motor the belt was down in the secondary about 1.5 inches. Now today went to get sled out to work on it, warming it up on stand and same thing happened in forward. Took it in too dealer they are looking at it, but they too were confused, of course it worked fine when I had it there. Said they will pull primary apart and look it over. Sled only has 350 miles on can't imagine it's a wear issue. Anyone have any input, I would appreciate it very much, don't want to be dealing with this when we do get snow. Thanks in advance Too Loose.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Check the adjuster bolt on the secondary clutch, likely broken off. I went through 3 last winter, and started carring a spare in the sled. The last bolt has held up okay for about 1000 miles now so I'm hopeful it was just a batch of bad bolts.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
did you do any clutching on this sled? Maybe a non-ER reverse model helix was used?

the secondary should not open at all during reverse operation, that is why the notch is cut into the helix tracks on the bottom. If a non-reverse helix was used that could explain this

Gafftop, an adjuster bolt? hmmm, Maybe I need to get a couple of spares. out of everything that broke on my 05, That was one of the few that didn't break.

Please let us know what is found

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for replies guy's. Gettin2old, as for question about clutch mods, it's all stock. Purchased sled at end of season last spring was dealer demo sled only got to put on 20 miles before snow melted. PERC worked fine then. ryanestrem and gafftopsail I will pass on info to dealer mechanic. He was open to any input new problem to him. I spoke to him today he felt problem was probably in secondary. thanks again guy's all input helpful.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I worked on a 900 that did the same thing. I found that the belt was smoked from loading on trailer, that is why I walk mine up the tilt trailers. The belt debris got wedged into the sliding sheave bushing making it tight. When I took it apart and cleaned the dust out, I noticed it was still tight. The bushing was tight from the factory which I have seen before so I just reamed it alittle and now it is fine. The sled only has 400 miles on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.