·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1998 xcr 600 tripple tripple
totally stock
5000 miles (still running strong)
I ride eastern Ont groomed trails...
and am planning a few multi day trips this season...

Ok guys I bought this sled last year and had a blast on it. Decided on keeping it another 2 seasons before I trade up. (so i can pay cash for a new sled)
One thing I found is that with wharmer temps I find a bit of a "bog: down low, but when its cold out no problems.

I need a new track so I think I may go with a camoplast.. the model 9830h
six pitch design 1 inch...
thinking of going with 120 studs
not sure of what stud length i need and if this would be a good fit for the type of riding I do.

also wonderin any mods I should do or changes with the sled ie clutch setup for tight twisty trails (which we mainly have) reeds, pipe ect...

and anything else I should do to keep it reliable and fun for this season..

thanx in advance
M

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Boyesen power reeds, install a tempaflow, and jet the mains down one size from stock. Also be sure the carb sync is right on, and that the air screws are set to factory spec. Only run 91 octane fuel, and BR9ES or RN2C plugs. Make sure the exhaust is sealed, use shim #7555764 under the tailpipe donuts to keep them tight. Remove the windage plates from the secondary clutch. Make sure the clutch alignment is right on, and the 2 torque stops are set tight, no air gap. Have the primary clutch reshimmed for .010" to .020" clearance with a 3211075 overdrive belt. Make sure there is only one .030" shim under the snap ring on the secondary clutch. Clutching will really wake that thing up, and gear it down to a 1.85 ratio. If you want to do the least mods, keep the stock almond primary spring and 10-54 weights, but change the secondary to a hot seat white #2, and a R8 or R12 polaris helix. It should run 82-8400 rpm up top.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx for the info guys.
Think I will go with---
Boyesen power reeds
install a tempaflow
and jet the mains down one size from stock
then do some clutch work that pockets suggested..

now one of my buds has a edge skid I can have for a decent price.
so i may have to do that as well.. since I need a new track anyways whats another $400 and some work..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts