Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an issue mounting the RR oil tank into an IQR with the 12.5 gallon fuel tank? I just received my RR oil tank today and am having one heck of a time getting it to mount to my 2014 IQR I'm trying to oil inject. Looks to be hitting the fuel tank. Maybe I'm missing something but I just spent an hour trying to get it to fit and it won't. If anyone could post a couple of close up pics of their RR oil tank mounted in their IQR with the big fuel tank it would be greatly appreciated. It's been a complete struggle fest for me so far. Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

tank_1.jpg

tank__gap.jpg [/attach]

Did I mount the oil tank in the correct location? As you can see in the one picture the fuel and oil tanks are touching. The one mounting tab seems like it should mount tight to the tube but can't due to the interference between the 2 tanks. I put a spacer in it but it seems to be putting stress on the tab and it is still not pulled in tight. I guess I could keep cranking it tighter or put a thicker spacer in there. The tank is also touching the aluminum footwell bracket piece. You can kind of see that as well in the one pic. I'm thinking I must not have installed it correctly.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
cant tell the camera is too close. Bad pic here but will give you an idea.

8.8, 10.5 and 12.5 are all the same in the front. It is the rear of the tank that is different. My bud in Min. is a trail tank dealer, I reached out to him and he has never heard of anyone having this issue. Looks like you have it on wrong but hard to tell from your too close pics

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts