Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello out THere!!!

It seems all the talk about the new Apex and 600 Fusion may just be that.
I know its early in the year and things are getting ready for Haydays but I just gotta tell you this.

Saskatchwan. New 600 Pol gets beat bad by most sleds in the stock 600 class.

Wheaton, Dakota last weekend ..factory race team with new Apex and it gets beat
in the stock class by a 600 rev.

Could be an interesting winter.

PS Just letting you all know the results. :eek:oh4:
See you at Haydays!!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
LOL

Well MACHZER, I do agree with you on one thing, it's DEFINATELY going to be an interesting winter!

MachZ Huh? I hope your shoulders are broad enough to support that bullseye on your back.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Real interesting. It was my sled and Rev happened to beat me once. Made a clutching change and the Rev was .15 behind the Apex in the next class. Anybody can get beat once! The Rev definitely runs good, not gonna take that away from Gil, but like I said anyone can get beat once. Ask him how close he was in the next class!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Also how many years has Gil had that Rev 600? The Apex and Fusion are brand new sleds and most of them have less than a months test time on them, they're only gonna get faster. Bring the Rev to Hay Days if it's so fast...zzzoooommmm :celebrating: :boxing: :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Yahooooooooooo Fuck someone's finally talking sleds and racin again...do I hear race drums beating :)

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
A rev 600ho will walk all over a fusion 600ho but i think the F6 efi could give the rev a run for its money.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Originally posted by Judah Ben-Hur@Aug 31 2005, 08:29 PM
Don't judge a sleds performance from a grass drag.   It is a very poor barometer.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=855897
[/quote]

Exactly...we gotta give the tuners some time to test also

Hi Machster hope yer summer went well, remember what happened last year with your boxstock Mach vrs my Pureperformance prepped F7???????

I'm curious to see what my buddies think of thier Poo600HOs once the wrenches start spining.....on snow of course.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Tracksidedown, I may have to come up for some fall racing, but I'm not racing in any lane beside you, I hear you have a nickname and it's something along the lines of......tumbleweed? :augen41: :frech11:

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Originally posted by srxspec@Aug 31 2005, 08:54 PM
Tracksidedown, I may have to come up for some fall racing, but I'm not racing in any lane beside you, I hear you have a nickname and it's something along the lines of......tumbleweed?  :augen41:  :frech11:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=855956
[/quote]

:) You would be more than welcome up here...and I promise to drive straight! :div20:

Sounds like I might be jumping in with Bulldogger and Oh Canada for a trip to Haydays :beerchug:

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Originally posted by srxspec@Aug 31 2005, 07:17 PM
Also how many years has Gil had that Rev 600?  The Apex and Fusion are brand new sleds and most of them have less than a months test time on them, they're only gonna get faster.  Bring the Rev to Hay Days if it's so fast...zzzoooommmm  :celebrating:  :boxing:  :beerchug:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=855867
[/quote]

These guys just need something to talk about, you will be the one talking when you get the Apex figured out. :celebrating: :beer: :luxhello:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Originally posted by MACHZER@Aug 31 2005, 06:25 PM
Hello out THere!!!

It seems all the talk about the new Apex and 600 Fusion may just be that.
I know its early in the year and things are getting ready for Haydays but I just gotta tell you this.

Saskatchwan.  New 600 Pol gets beat bad by most sleds in the stock 600 class.

Wheaton, Dakota last weekend ..factory race team with new Apex and it gets beat
in the stock class by a 600 rev.

Could be an interesting winter.

PS Just letting you all know the results.  :eek:oh4:
See you at Haydays!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=855668
[/quote]
Maybe those banjo pickers in SASK :smilielol: don't know how to tune the new 600 FUSION ? I'm sure you'll see a few fast ones at HAYDAYS.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
A rev 600ho will walk all over a fusion 600ho[/b]
How do you figure? Fusion 600ho isn't even out yet, let alone being raced...everybody who's ridden one raves about them.

edit: very little race time on them, anyways...how about that. Sounds like some received them early.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WOW. THat got everyone excited about sledding again.

I was not at either race so direct comments are not to be had. THe owner of the Rev is too humble and has too much respect for fellow racers so most info I get from other racers who were there.

In retrospect though he has paid his dues and has been tuning and trying diffrent clutching techniuqes for years and maybe now it is paying off. It is however uassully a short lived glory until the next guy.

As I stated in the first e-mail its very early in the season and I sure Haydays will have very competive results. And yes the 600 Pol was there. And yes once those machines are dialed in anything can happen and the results could be much diffrent.
It all in the name of the game!!!!!!!

What kills me is all the marketing hype these manufactures get a lot of the faithfull into and then most of the time fail to deliver. And every manufacture does it. That was the reason for the post.

Trackside..Good to hear from you and are you sledding this year? After my sled had about 400 miles on it it has yet to be beaten on the creek. In fact only sled to beat it so far was the sled of Petes which is a rocket. My is still bone stock. I hope finally that some clutching componets will be avaiable this year.

Can't wait for snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Originally posted by MACHZER@Sep 1 2005, 10:06 AM
Trackside..Good to hear from you and are you sledding this year? After my sled had about 400 miles on it it has yet to be beaten on the creek. In fact only sled to beat it so far was the sled of Petes which is a rocket. My is still bone stock. I hope finally that some clutching componets will be avaiable this year.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=856636
[/quote]
Clutching componants were available last year if you were willing to test and tune. More aftermarket "kits" will be available this year but that just means everyone who has a Mach will be running them. As for Pete's sled it is a rocket. But so was the creamsicle of tracks. He had very few miles on it when he raced you too. We'll see what happens this year on the creek though. It should be fun.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
The funny thing is Gil is way too humble and would never say anything like this, yet MACHZER comes on here and beats his chest. MACHZER did you forget to mention that the Fusion 600 that Gil beat was non-studded and Gil has studs? MACHZER, why don't you bring your mighty mach down to Watertown SD with Gil on Setp 17-18 and lets see what it can do.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Originally posted by MACHZER@Sep 1 2005, 10:06 AM
WOW. THat got everyone excited about sledding again.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=856636
[/quote]

this year is the first year I have not traded for a spring check, so ALL the sleds are available to me, I am not buying until I can test drive them, I will definately be taking out an Apex RTX for a rip as well as a crossfireSP/06F7 etc.......

Whatever I get, I will be out looking for your Mach on Netley :frech11: We just have to get a distance established so we can set-up accordingly!

Buy me a beer at Haydays if you see me :div20:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Good for Gil, he is a great guy who spends a lot of time racing both locally and a far.
The jist of this post is that in 500ft anyone can win or any sled for that matter.
Last year I never saw one machz 1000 do ANYTHING in 660ft. I always breathed a sigh of relief when they were in my heat cuz I knew I could always manage a 3rd at least! However, after a 1/4 mile then them big girls sure rock! :div20:

I am sure come haydays we will see some very interesting races. Talty will have the fusion 6 runnen hard, allen, hauck et all will have the 4 stroke yammys flyen, billy, glenn and many others will have the cats a flyen and of course marchbank and bickford will have those doos a hummen! Damn I am getten excited!!!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hey Tracsidedown it's going to be a real intresting winter with the New Apex . I cant' wait I have went with the MC - EXPRESS Turbo ( Rear Mount ) it will be dialed in for 260 Hp for this winter and after ill see how it works i might take it up to 350 HP. Hope you and all your buddys are going to Make it to Madge lake Big dog run. There is a couple of us loading up and goint to come and play. It will be nice to meet every one. Got to Run But ill keep you all posted on eckville grass drags as see how it does. Rotaz is coming out it going to be real intresing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts