Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who want some ideas on the 600 HO, go down 3 sizes on the main from stock, 91 octane only, almond/blue primary spring, and black/green secondary spring.

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,257 Posts
that should up the engagement and if it is over reving with stock clutching, bring rpm down to ? or will this get it dead on 8200

8250 is power peak correct.

I have 64 {63.6} and 66 {dead on} grams ready to try

·
Registered
6,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Black/green is #210186, team number. Yes, 8-8300 rpm peak, 82-8300 for hot pipe long runs. This engine is a bit of a revver, so it may not like heavy weight.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had my 600 HO out on the wet grass last night, it runs pretty good. Holy weight transfer! With the rear springs on soft (as when I picked it up), the skis would just launch and stay in the air, much better than my Pro-X. The sled was just slightly boggy, but that could be due to brand new engine running mixed gas in the 55F temperature. The sled seems quieter than my Pro-X was, doesn't sound as pipey. I think it will be sneaky fast. It steered well on the grass, and the suspension was smooth in the dips. The lighting seems great. Let it snow!
I will be going down 2 sizes on mainjet (420 to 400). Clutching stock for now, engagement is at 3900 rpm. I'll be driving it a bit first to see how the factory clutching is, before making any changes.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Originally posted by pockets@Oct 9 2005, 03:14 AM
For those who want some ideas on the 600 HO, go down 3 sizes on the main from stock, 91 octane only, almond/blue primary spring, and black/green secondary spring.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=917446
[/quote]

Have you been testing one of these sleds? on snow? 2-3 sizes sounds more like winter jetting?

·
Registered
153 Posts
yea u can deffinetly go down 3 jet sizes out of the box...we were going down that much running grass a few times this summer... u dont have to worry about leaning the motor out because it has the detonation control on it and u cant blow the motor by leaning it out it will just adjust the timing if it senses the motor is detonating....

·
Registered
519 Posts
Originally posted by polarissnox03@Oct 11 2005, 11:36 AM
yea u can deffinetly go down 3 jet sizes out of the box...we were going down that much running grass a few times this summer... u dont have to worry about leaning the motor out because it has the detonation control on it and u cant blow the motor by leaning it out it will just adjust the timing if it senses the motor is detonating....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=922159
[/quote]

If your running grass at approximately 75 degrees with good gas you can go down about 10 main (maybe even more depending on the air/alt.) jet sizes. If you take your mains down that low you've got to up your pilots to keep it from a lean bog off the line. Never ran ours on snow yet or temps below 50 degrees so I'll wait to say anything until we try it in those conditions. This motor/pipe is more sensative to jetting changes than the 00-03 VES 600 Polaris sleds.

Have heard SLP is getting around 134-135 Hp with just twin pipes. The porting on this motor is really pretty impressive for a stock sled.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Originally posted by xcrspx@Oct 11 2005, 12:21 PM
Have you been testing one of these sleds?  on snow?  2-3 sizes sounds more like winter jetting?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=922123
[/quote]
Probably because thats what hes talking about. If you were racing you would go down alot more as you know since you say you race.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts