Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys need some advice here with the tracks usa extension.i've been trying to decide between 136x1.25 or just leaving it 121 and putting on a 1.5 ripsaw.Anybody ever compared these?I ride 80percent trails but get in fields any chance i can. Will the 121x1.5 be similar to a 136x1.25 in 3 or 4 feet powder fields? I ride tughill mostly so no mountain riding here.I was also concerned with overheating issues with the 136 in low snow conditions. Any advice would be great-thanks

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Go 136" 1.25" predator 6pitch instead of the Ripsaw or the 1.5" track. The ripsaw is for hardpack and trenches in the deep soft snow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for imput -i've read the 1.25 rip trenches quickly was just curious how the 1.5 rip did. I didn't wanna stretch if i could get away with a 1.5- dont want overheat issues

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Put a 121" Cobra on it and have the best of both worlds? Makes a 121 feel like a 136 off trail - and maybe then some - without sacrificing any "on trail" performance, where it does extremely good as well....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea considered the cobra also. looks like an awesome track! Now that they been out awhile how are they holding up? I know there soft lug track

·
Registered
755 Posts
Put a 121" Cobra on it and have the best of both worlds? Makes a 121 feel like a 136 off trail - and maybe then some - without sacrificing any "on trail" performance, where it does extremely good as well....[/b]
x2, I was strongly considering spending the extra couple hundred bucks and getting the rail and tunnel extensions, and I'm glad I don't. I don't live out west so I was able to go just about anywhere off trail with my 121" cobra here in the UP. I ride about 85% trails and 15% off trail and my track fit my needs perfectly. I live for hard trail riding in the tight twisty turnies, so I'm not a fan of how 136" sleds. Yeah they float way better with the longer track but if you know how to handle your sled off trail, I'd stick with the 121".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i can handle it off trail - had to rescue my buds 144 switch couple times! that pisses him off-LoL . anyway thanks for your imput seems like we ride same terrain. by the way were you running studs on it?

·
Registered
755 Posts
yea i can handle it off trail - had to rescue my buds 144 switch couple times! that pisses him off-LoL . anyway thanks for your imput seems like we ride same terrain. by the way were you running studs on it?[/b]
I had to get digged out a couple times an there was plenty of times where I wished I had a longer track but when it comes to snowmobiling, i live for hammering trails. I like to have the occasional off trail fun but I'm a trail rider and always will be, thats why I will always stick to a 121". I also don't believe in studs, so no studs here.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
I had to get digged out a couple times an there was plenty of times where I wished I had a longer track but when it comes to snowmobiling, i live for hammering trails. I like to have the occasional off trail fun but I'm a trail rider and always will be, thats why I will always stick to a 121". I also don't believe in studs, so no studs here.[/b]

:beer_cheers:

·
Registered
310 Posts
A 121 with a Cobra will actually perform better in powder than a 136 ripsaw. I have run them back to back.

The Cobra track generates lift like a mountain track, where a stiff lugged track like a ripsaw just trenches.

If the condition is powder the cobra is the way to go. A 136 cobra should work really well.

·
Registered
233 Posts
my opinion is you would really like the 1.5 camoplast intense track. It's more a paddle track so it doesnt trench at all but it also hard closer to the track so it really hooks up good on trails. I live on the praire so must snow is in drifts so getting to them has me driving in low snow and i never over heated. I also checked the hifax and was in very good shape.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey beyer hows the lugs holding up on the intense after riding on low snow? did you gear down at all? im ordering cobra or intense soon. seems theres good points between - not many bad things

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
hey beyer hows the lugs holding up on the intense after riding on low snow? did you gear down at all? im ordering cobra or intense soon. seems theres good points between - not many bad things[/b]
I'd suggest a deep lug 121" track with studs personally. I used a 121" track that has 1.65" lugs and installed 144 1.75" studs with tall nuts and absolutely loved it compared to the previous studded 1.25" I had before. The studs take a lot of the abuse in the lower snow conditions / road crossings so your lugs will look like new. I put about 1000 miles on this setup this winter with absolutely no issues, all the lugs look like new and there are no bent studs. Of course if you come out of every corner with the throttle to the bar and the track spinning you may destroy a track like this on the trail, you just need to use discretion and it will hold up great. Each to their own I guess but this was a great set up for my mod rev, I could cat walk the sled across a field of fresh powder, good times! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
hey beyer hows the lugs holding up on the intense after riding on low snow? did you gear down at all? im ordering cobra or intense soon. seems theres good points between - not many bad things[/b]
The lugs look like brand new. There was a little fraying on the sides of the track but nothing that could be considered a problem. I did not gear down at all. I believe the track was only a pound heavier then the fusion stock track. The track really hooks up on the drifts and groomed trail. I am very very happy with it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts