Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The temp it usually runs is 126.The other day it got hot when I wasnt on it, my wife was driving it. When I say hot I mean about 210.Long story short it was low on antifreeze a couple of quarts. I filled it up and it seemed fine. Except yesterday It got hot again but the coolent is good.Has anyone everheard of the thermostat sticking I have not had time to look it over yet or talk with the dealer.Thanks

·
Mr. Part Time-On Line
35,159 Posts
Just a shot in the dark here but.......... did you bleed the system after filling it? Maybe the level got too low and introducted some air which is now trapped :dunno:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought the same but today I pulled out the thermostat and it isnt right it look as the it got hit with something,<hard to explain> took it in to the dealer and with any luck I will have a new one friday. Im a wondering if they had some problems with them because the thermostat has a new part # kinda like the exhaust valves on the 800 edges.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My 600HO leaked from faulty hose clamps at the rear heat exchanger. Luckily I saw the stain in the snow where it sat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts