Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 06 600 and my weights are balanced at 63.9 .From the factory they came that way,all spot on.When ever i spool it up through a field i can reach 8400 rpms at wot everytime.What are my options to bring down the rpms without adding more weight ,I dont think the machine backshifts fast enough as it is and i dont want it to backshift any slower ,so what would be my next choice?Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Ive got a 06 600 and my weights are balanced at 63.9 .From the factory they came that way,all spot on.When ever i spool it up through a field i can reach 8400 rpms at wot everytime.What are my options to bring down the rpms without adding more weight ,I dont think the machine backshifts fast enough as it is and i dont want it to backshift any slower ,so what would be my next choice?Thanks guys[/b]
Is your 600 stock? If so, I have a hard time believing that 64gm weights are not enough, and that it consistently turns 8400 (not just a peak on the readout). Most 660 guys are running 64gm weights.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cut the head and wrapped the pipe ,its got 125 psi at room temp wot.I figured with all the info ive read on hear that 64g is alot of weight for that motor so it must have somthing to do with changing the gearing .I installed 2.05 ratio gearing when i switched to the 1.875 track.I was nt sure if that made a diffrence ,but i guess it does.Ive always just ridden sleds and did what people told me to do to them as far as performance,so im not really sure what kind of information to use when asking you guys for help.
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts