Hardcore Sledder banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
After buying one this year for my wife we now know we will have 2 next year.
2012 600 ace mxz tnt. Its more than enough (of everything) for us.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
I just did the RAP tour with one (brand new, not broke in yet) and we did 845km in 13.9 hours and we never had to wait for it. In fact, in the twistier trails it was as fast as any sled.
Nice and light, great in corners for sure.
We were riding with a 600 crossfire and the ACE used exactly half the gas running wide open almost ALL the time.
Very impressed.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Notice a lot of guys running the ace in the tnt package... how is it working in the renegade? Much of a diff in handling and top end? Cat guy here , so don't know much about any of the doo packages...Hell the may be the same platform with just a different length skid for all I know..:thumbsup:

Looking at buying a leftover for the kids and wife to use.....I can get a good used 440 two stroke for far less $$, but figure if I buy this rig it may go forever, plus some good incentives on the leftovers now.

Any one's experience on the ace renegade would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
860 Posts
Bought the TNT ACE. From what I could read, looks like it would be the better platform than the renegade, for the Misses and Kids to drive. Not sure if it will see any miles this year....May be breaking it in next winter!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
600ACE vs 550 Fan

I too am interested in the 600 ACE. Anyone having trouble making up thier mind whether to buy the 550 Fan over the 600 ACE consider this... The 550 Fan is damn near bullet proof, has no cooling problems in marginal snow conditions but gets really poor fuel mileage. We're talking 9-10 mpg at best. I have over 6000 miles on my 2008 Summit 550 Fan. Love everything about the sled except the fuel mileage. If I were to trade up at $4.00+/gallon given almost equal horsepower and top end I would probably take the 600ACE. It wouldn't take long to make up the difference in price in fuel savings. And from what I hear the 550 Fan is at the end of it's production life because it can't meet EPA emission standards.

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
Just spoke with the skidoo dealer today. They have two 2012 TNT ACE machines for $8,000 out the door. Really wanted to wait another year but Skidoo dropped the ACE from the TNT line up and I do not want a sport. The reason is the 2012 TNT ACE is a better looking sled with rebuild-able shocks. Has anyone seen 2012 ACE sleds for sale used?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Two years later...picked up a TnT ACE for my wife in Feb. of 12 No snow only rode it on the lake to the tune of 55 miles. Same chassis as an XP so that doesn't need rehashing, but that engine is...different. Quite. Very quite. So different than a 2 stroke even an eTec. She's not into speed but crossing a lake she likes to keep up and the few times we used it she did fine. We weren't blasting or anything near but moving at 50-60 mph. Don't think of this as a kid's sled.

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
Purchased two 2012 TNT Aces from Jackman Powersports for $8000 out the door. I had a blast riding a 2012 Renegade Ace last season. This sled does everything my wife and I want from a snowmobile. Can't wait for the season to start.

·
Registered
178 Posts
The ACE is a wonderful engine in any model: gade, tnt, or 2-up touring. Really haven't heard or read of unhappy owners. Most people that try it end up buying one or two. My wife wanted one last year to make our trips more enjoyable as we have 5 & 8 year old girls that like to hit the trails with us. We debated between the 600 etec and the ACE. Found a touring sport ACE at a good price; we ALL love it. So much so that 2 weeks later we bought another one for me. 500 miles later these two sleds have performed flawlessly. Always start easily, very quiet, extremely comfortable to drive or ride as a passenger, and no stink smell. They travel confidently through deeper snow. 24 - 28 mpg depending on snow conditions and trail type. I love the speed of my 800 xp but this little power-plant provides 0-70mph thrills at a cheaper and deceptive rate. Undoubtedly this is the perfect snowmobile for family riding or solo relaxed enjoyment on the trails. Thanks to BRP, and Rick, Robin, and Larry @ Richardson's Marina in Windham, Maine for a great product and a pleasant shopping experience.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I bought my twins(12yo) a couple new 2011's this fall .They got 20 miles on in the yard when we got 14" but trails never opened and now rain washed it away,argghh!, Anyways they've got take off for sure, and will be nice, lighter kids plus not hot rod ding = 30 mpg?! Will post when we get some real miles on. Paid $11,600 for the pair which I thought was a sweet deal.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was driving with a tnt 120" ace the other day on grommed trails at about 50 to 60 mph. $30 for ace ,$45 for procross f1100, $50 for xr 1200.

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
My wife and I rode 252 miles last Monday. She used 9.2 gallons and I used 9.3. It is great to know we can ride 200 to 250 miles a day on a single tank if need be. They may not be the fastest sleds we have ever owned but they are without a doubt the best all around machine I have ever owned.

·
Registered
439 Posts
My wife and I rode 252 miles last Monday. She used 9.2 gallons and I used 9.3. It is great to know we can ride 200 to 250 miles a day on a single tank if need be. They may not be the fastest sleds we have ever owned but they are without a doubt the best all around machine I have ever owned.
Hi EvilTwin......It was great meeting you and your wife at Parlin Lodge and again on the trail........sounds like you really like the ace motor.......I am thinking about selling my 2012 arctic cat F1100 turbo and going with something smaller------it may be the the Doo 900 Renegade which is rumored to be released next week. My son Rob who rides my (now his) 1200 ---2010 Doo RenegadeX and I swapped off several times last week on our 500mi trip to Pittson farm and we both conclude that the SkiDoo 1200 rode and handled far better than the Arctic Cat 1012 Turbo Snow Pro. So I think I will go back to SkiDoo ------its now a matter of another 1200, 900, or 600.

Bob:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
Bob,

Having a hard time seeing you on a 600 Ace. You still seem to like that raw power that comes from the larger displacement engines. The 1200 seems like a great fit for your riding style. You are welcome to try my Ace if you are in the Jackman area.

Hi EvilTwin......It was great meeting you and your wife at Parlin Lodge and again on the trail........sounds like you really like the ace motor.......I am thinking about selling my 2012 arctic cat F1100 turbo and going with something smaller------it may be the the Doo 900 Renegade which is rumored to be released next week. My son Rob who rides my (now his) 1200 ---2010 Doo RenegadeX and I swapped off several times last week on our 500mi trip to Pittson farm and we both conclude that the SkiDoo 1200 rode and handled far better than the Arctic Cat 1012 Turbo Snow Pro. So I think I will go back to SkiDoo ------its now a matter of another 1200, 900, or 600.

Bob:rolleyes:

101 - 117 of 117 Posts