Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 60 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I don't know if you're talking about me, but i didn't ride either one, i just signed papers and dumped my sled off as fast as i possibly could! Heck, i walked in with a pen in my hand.
He told me that they were equal power-(Ace vs 550 fan) I think that's great, better then expected.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I bought a TNT 550 Fan. :thumbsup:
Sweet! Congrats! My wife has a 550 gsx and it's a fun ride on the trails. I'm considering getting rid of my 1200 for a 600 ACE or 550. It's pretty hard to leave the 4 stroke technology but the price and simplicity of the 550 is very attractive.

Hope she treats you well and welcome to the yellow side.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Thank you.
My thinking was similar. I'm tired of losing my a$$ on sleds and this one i wanted to last a long time. I love the four stroke, and it's known reliability, but couldn't really afford the 1200. The fan is easy enough to work on anything from the skid to the motor. If i run into more cash, i can always move up, but i feel right now that i have a good sled that is bullet proof and easy to repair if needed. I should be able to throw some rings in it and maybe a track a some point, and get 10,000+ miles out of it? That be forever for me, lol.
I kind of wanted a GSX too, but they didn't have one, so there was already a decent sized windshield, i added a tunnel bag and electric start. GSX with gas shocks in white, lol.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
friends and others think I am crazy for even considering this But I only ride during the week and most always ride alone so no one to impress speed wise , I truely think a small 4 stroke is in my future .
If you geared the sled for what it truely could doo ,say 85 mph , it might never be caught till spring . We had our 550 fans geared for about 90 I think and they were crazy fun , 75 mph tops maybe actual speed but got there very fast

·
Registered
93 Posts
friends and others think I am crazy for even considering this But I only ride during the week and most always ride alone so no one to impress speed wise , I truely think a small 4 stroke is in my future .
X2 here. I was out for a ride today with the 1200 and most of my riding was between 50-100 km/h even on lakes. I don't really use the 1200 to its full potential. I'm slowing down as I get older and am no longer comfortable at the higher speed riding. I guess my problem is thinking too much of what could go wrong at that speed.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
WOW
First a shout out to Johnny from Hayward Power Sports , We got there and the sled was on the floor for sale and he opened the door , brought it out and says enjoy .
I really liked my 550 fan but couldnt keep my friends off lakes and railbeds so I THOUGHT I needed a bigger sled so i bought the 1200 renegade because I was done will 2 strokes . I really like my sled but the kind of riding I doo now it gets to be a bit much , alot of torque in the 1200 .
That little 60 hp 600 is alot of fun , should have seen the smile on Ronders face when he got off it LOL . It isnt going to win many races but we all know that . The thing just kind of goes . It isnt jerky or abrupt it just goes . Kinda like a 4 wheeler . Now we had to ride in a field and around a big parking lot because it didnt have trail pass . It really got up and went up to about 50-55 mph with a foot of snow in the field . I was pretty surprized from what I was expecting .
I dont know I could buy this because at this point the wife rides on back of mine with the 1+1 seat , If it were just me all the time I would buy it , it is that much fun . Yesterday I did 103 miles on my sled and never broke 60 mph riding the trails i ride most often which is why I had such an interest in the little 600 . As like anything it isnt for most people but for someone that wants to go snowmobiling instead of trail racing it is a great option , I am sure I am forgetting something , maybe Ronder can fill in the blanks . GOD I wish we could have went across the street to the trail .

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Skidont, (Ronder types with a big smile) it was great to get on it and see if the performance would be close to my classic 500, which I really like, and I would say the get up and go of the 600 ace is about the same. That is what I was interested in when we went to ride it and it Past with flying colors! Time for Ronder to go SkiDoo!

Ski, would U agree we could go from 0 - 50 in about ... 100 - 125 feet?

Johnny at Hayward Sports was a guy who all sledder's would love to work with, be it SkiDoo or Polaris models.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Yes , I think that was what surprized me , was how fast it got to 50-55 and didnt really feel like it till I looked down . Althought the shed came up pretty quick ,LOL . My 550 fan took off pretty good also but it was a different kind of 0-50 than this sled , prolly the gearing we ran in the 550 . I wonder if the 600 could stand another tooth added to the bottom gear

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Yup gotta give hayward sports a thumbs up. Great people to work with!!! Brent and Jane and the rest of the staff!!!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Tried my 550 fan this weekend for the first time. Amazing sled! Right out of the box. No adjustments needed, and that's a first for me! Love it!
Mike.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Spike I am glad you like your sled. I have never had skidoo before but after having them they are the real deal as far as I am concerned. I have had real good luck with the sleds I have but they are pretty new yet. I am expecting them to last me a few years unless skidoo comes out with something different. I might be looking at something smaller in the near future if skidoo has something to offer in the four stroke, but not as small as the 600 ace. I think the whole industry will be heading this way in the near future. Good luck with your sled and keep us updated on how things go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the 600 ACE and can not be happier. I can hear my skies swishing through the snow! Lots of power, no hassles of oil or plugs, and awesome gas mileage...compared to my 94 Formula, it is 4 to one. I went 150 kms Saturday for just over a gallon!!!! I am amazed at what a great product this is and how much fun it is to drive...best part, I am not tired at the end of a day of touring!

41 - 60 of 117 Posts