Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 40 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I wanted one of these when i first heard about them, now i really want one! Do you guys think they're as fast as a 550 Fan? I'm not worried about speed, or i'd buy a bigger one, but yet it has to have a little somethin'. What did you guys pay if you don't mind me asking? Someone said something about it pushing though, i hate push, but if it's not bad, bigger carbides and/or limiter strap adjustment should do? I'd trade mine in a minute if someone would take the POS!

·
Registered
478 Posts
My wife and I rode about 120 miles in very poor conditions. Her previous sled was a 2002 Polaris XCSP 500 that she put about 9000 miles on. The following is what she wrote about her 2011 Renegade with the 600 ACE.

"I did not notice any smell. There is no "revving" the sled up unless you want to land on your ass in the snow. It is very quiet but I found at higher speeds it seemed to get louder. I think it has more than enough power, I never felt like it was working hard to move along. Steered very easy although I think as the conditions change and riding is more serious it may need some adjustments. Not sure if I am going to like not having a studded track...I found the back end swung around alot, more than I am used to anyways."

She averaged 25% to 50% faster safe riding speeds on this new sled. If you're happy with the power of a fan cooled 550 then the ACE has plenty. It's an absolute hoot how the sled jumps to life as soon as you even breathe on the throttle. It's almost dangerous if you're used to a typical two stroke engaging at a fairly high RPM. By the time you get to 4000 RPM this sled is going 30 MPH.
The fuel mileage looks like it'll be great although I haven't topped it off yet. We did 120 miles and according to the gauge it used about 1/3 of a tank. I'll report back on mileage when conditions improve. I probably didn't get the best deal but I paid $8000 for it delivered. If it's reliable I'll be thrilled. My only concern is it turned over real slow at 17 degrees. It started right away but the starter was straining. It'll be interesting to see what happens at 25 below or less.

·
Registered
478 Posts
19.3 MPG for the first 150 miles. Renegade W/600 ACE
Mostly unbroken trails and a lot of slow going. I'm sure the mileage will go up as the engine breaks in and the trails improve.
What's up with the reverse lever? Pretty tough to get into reverse!

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Almost time for a new sled ?
Yes Ski, and the 600 ace has got my eye. As U know I have the ' 05 500 classic and from what I have read, the 600 ace might be the one, If I can get the same off the line performance as the 500. They say it is like a 550 fan, but I have never ridden one.

19.3 MPG for the first 150 miles... Nice!!!!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I'm going tomorrow to hopefully trade mine in on a TNT 550 Fan. I know they have a 600-Ace demo there that i'll look at too, but i kind of want to spend as little as possible. Think the Ace is worth the extra cash? Re-sale?
Mike.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I diffently think the ACE is worth the extra cash , TORQUE ! now if I could find a dealer around here with one to try

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I diffently think the ACE is worth the extra cash , TORQUE ! now if I could find a dealer around here with one to try
I just loaded my sled. I'll find out shortly. I can't believe he will even take mine on trade, but hope he sticks to his word, or e-mail. I DO NOT want to come home with my Phazer! I already lubed up,:cry: and will accept almost any offer, so we'll see. Hope he doesn't read this! :shocked:
Mike.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Just looked on his website. $6495 for the TNT Fan with elect start and the Ace is $7495. They both are demos, and have about 45 miles on them.
Dang! A grand difference. I didn't know it was that close. Maybe? I'm bringing my helmet. (and some extra lube)

21 - 40 of 117 Posts