Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather man said this morning that it would be 60% warmer this winter in the Midwest. Any one want to buy 05 fire cat and 02 ZL with trailer? I can not take another winter with no snow this will make 8 yrs so far. I hope their wrong again. :brrrr: :snowfall: :xmas-smiley2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,437 Posts
just have to do more traveling to find snow I suppose......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
ACTUALLY, they said there is a 60% chance of it being warmer than the normal winter. By me there is a 50 % chance, which basically means the winter has an equal chance of being warmer as it does at being colder. Anyway, long range forecast are less reliable than a coin flip. Don't sell your stuff.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,688 Posts
60% wamer would never happen. A 60% chance of it being warmer than normal is a possibility. They can't predict the weekends weather so I wouldn't get to bent out of shape about hteir predictions just yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
793 Posts
I actually heard this morning our local weather guy say it was going to be a colder winter with ALOT of snow.

There all on Meth!!!! Seems like everyone is now days! :augen41:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
Originally posted by snowmobill@Oct 13 2005, 05:31 AM
Weather man said this morning that it would be 60% warmer this winter in the Midwest. Any one want to buy 05 fire cat and 02 ZL with trailer? I can not take another winter with no snow this will make 8 yrs so far. I hope their wrong again. :brrrr:  :snowfall:  :xmas-smiley2:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=926341
[/quote]


Since when do you listen to the weatherman? Hell, I just look out the window. If we all did our jobs as accurately as they do, we wouldn't have a job. BTW, where in ND are you from? I live in Bismarck. I didn't get a chance to ride in the snow last week. Here in Bismarck we got an inch of rain and it snowed all day, but was too warm to pile up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,451 Posts
Find me a weather man that can predict weather 24 hours out them maybe I will conceder a prediction 3 months out.

I predict a lot of lake effect snow because of the hot summer and warm lakes. I am not a weather man but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once.

If it is warmer than you can blame me, I got a new sled this year
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,427 Posts
Originally posted by snowmobill@Oct 13 2005, 05:31 AM
Weather man said this morning that it would be 60% warmer this winter in the Midwest. Any one want to buy 05 fire cat and 02 ZL with trailer? I can not take another winter with no snow this will make 8 yrs so far. I hope their wrong again. :brrrr:  :snowfall:  :xmas-smiley2:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=926341
[/quote]


Hey do not sweat it!!!

If you are from ND that means MORE snow usually.
Here in Saskatchewan (your neighbour) it typically snows on the warmer winter days as opposed to the colder ones!!

In any case. Do you really believe weather forecasts????
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by jjlrrw@Oct 13 2005, 11:51 AM
Find me a weather man that can predict weather 24 hours out them maybe I will conceder a prediction 3 months out.

I predict a lot of lake effect snow because of the hot summer and warm lakes.  I am not a weather man but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once.


<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=926792
[/quote]
:div20: :smilielol: :smilielol: , on a side note: it'll help with the heating bill increases projected this winter though!! :augen41: :lol2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
I also read for the midwest it will be warmer than normal. That can mean for a month it averaged one degree warmer than average. If the prediction was for a 60% chance of it being warmer I would not jump to a conclusion of there being a 40% chance of it being colder than avg. It could be average, which I would think would be more likely than colder than average.

If I recall, more than a few degrees above or below an average for a month is considered fairly significant.

In any case, if you average out the last ten winters for snow coverage and you live in the midwest, you will be buying double the gas. First, the gas for the truck to pull the sleds to snow, then the gas to fill the sled to crush some snow. At $3.00/gallon I may get on 53 miles this year.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,688 Posts
The weather here in Southern Ontario has taken a drastic change in the last couple of weeks. In the summer we probably had about a dozen days that it rained ALL SUMMER. Now it has been cloudy, cooler and rainy for the last couple of weeks so it appears that the weather patterns are finally changing. Lets hope that it continues and it turns to snow in about another month and a half. :banana: :smiley-faces7:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
942 Posts
about 2 months ago i eceived a survey from i think was artic cat. they were concerned about the mild winters-cost of gas and the resulting lack of interest in future sledding. they asked for suggestions.. they would consider more group rides sponsered by AC-better participation i festivals-radar runs-fund raisers-pride dinners. my suggestion to them is to offer some sort of co-op where by a cats pride member or any other manufacturer could receive coupons for $$$ off at a hotel for night stay. chamber commerce can pass out at festivals or front lobby of hotel for reimbursement by manufacturer and if you bought a sled new or paid say $50 dues following year to reup they send you a card validating membership and the use of a coupon book/rebate. $10 per night hotel maybe breakfast/dinner would not kill them for a new sled buyer. plus should help local community. me past every other year on average maybe every third year i have a new sled. what do you think they can do to promote sledding? i am not all that brand loyal; and if a company makes good product and offers xtra benefitts i might flip back to AC or yama?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,173 Posts
Northeast is supposed to get a cold severe winter this season. :luxhello: :luxhello:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,309 Posts
Sometimes warmer actually can work in winter favor as far as producing big snow totals. Also just because they think it might be warmer then normal doesn't exactly mean above freezing warmer maybe it means 10 degrees above zero when it is only supposed to be 5 degrees above zero.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,462 Posts
Originally posted by ZRJoe@Oct 13 2005, 12:23 PM
Hey do not sweat it!!!

If you are from ND that means MORE snow usually.
Here in Saskatchewan (your neighbour) it typically snows on the warmer winter days as opposed to the colder ones!!

In any case. Do you really believe weather forecasts????
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=926860
[/quote]
thats what central new england is like, get the most snow at abou 27-30 degrees
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top