Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah my dad was on the sled and the oil light keeps flashing and then it stayed on so we put oil in my sled but it was only rode 60 miles so it shouldn't have needed oil should it is ne one else haveing this problem. and the light still stays on and it skips alot and bogs down any ideas

·
Registered
394 Posts
3 F-7's , 900miles total the light flashes and comes on when less than a QUART's gone. It holds nearly 3 qt.
This is sure to be the next recall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
you sure it was the oil light and not the "check engine" light. Still have premix in it?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah but i don't think it should have used that much oil in only 60 miles plus we filled it and the light still comes on

·
Registered
290 Posts
I was asking punk rocker

I know the light comes on early sometimes but PR said his sled started to run like crap which is what is strange about just the oil light flashing.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i am sure it was the oil light and i just went out and rode it around to make sure that it is and the sled isn't running good at all it is still sputtering and is getting worse and there is a full tank of oil and yeah it is still premix

·
Registered
290 Posts
First ...check you harness connections and wiring for rub thru's. Especially around the steering and the clutch

check plugs too

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
My oil light flashes also when oil is just down to bottom of neck. Only does it when I'm riding on rough trails or jumping. Sled runs fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Was out last nite with our two F-7's and both oil lights came on within 35 miles on first ride. We tried to make it back to house and on one of them, the headlights started to flash, dash lights flashed,.. and the sled died. I let it sit for a couple of minutes, started it back up and got to a gas station. Put oil in both of them and they ran fine. There has to be a problem with the sending unit. And as far as it running crappy and the lights flashing.. it's got to be a fail-safe mode with the efi.. Just guessing at all of this but it seems logical.

·
Registered
580 Posts
According to arctic-cat's spec sheet the injection oil reservior holds 2.8 U.S. quarts, the fuel tank 12.6 U.S. gals, chain case 8 fl oz. and the cooling system is 4 US quarts.

This is off the 2003 Firecat 700 EFI Sno Pro spec sheet that came with my sled.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you know where the level is when it is one quart down? Or one quart left? I need some sort of reference point. :wacko:

·
Registered
4 Posts
yeh, that's going to be really annoying on a long ride. A 2.8qt capacity, and the light is on after a quart, and you can't see the oil in the tank to tell how low it really is <_<

·
Registered
394 Posts
No shit! But we ran about 150 miles and only used a quart, so it should run about 400 miles on a tank! Thats a big day!!!!!!!!!
Just have to fill it every morning, untill cat has a fix> Tony

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Finally got to ride my f5-first then my oil light came on after 80 miles-if you look close enough you can see the oil level.Kept an eye on it until back at motel-took a quart and a half at 120 miles.Used twice as much oil as my 2001 zr500-will have dealer adjust oil pump this week-scott

1 - 20 of 23 Posts