Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Catfish, I run the Shaper Bars and they are excellent. Check previous posts for darting there is some good info on ski algnment and toe out. I found this to eliminate the darting.

Arctic2

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I done everything mentioned about "darting" with the stock skis and carbides. Wondering if other have used their stock carbide and then went to shapers and found less darting.

catfish

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have the 6 inch shapers, almost 1000 miles and still have carbide left. Still some darting when trail riding. I have seen worse...

·
Registered
290 Posts
I had 6" Trailblazers on stock ski's and it sucked. I also have 102 studs too. I cornered well but darted bad. I was going to buy longer bars but instead I bought SLT's w/6" carbides. WAY better now

·
Registered
485 Posts
:lol: f7 standard, no studs, 6 inch shapers, sucked up limiter strap 1 hole backed off skid shock and front shock springs till almost loose. Corners like an animal, minor darting in some conditions. Just side back on the seat to relieve a bit of ski pressure and darting goes away, 2500 miles on shapers and they still don't need replacing quite yet :p

·
Registered
102 Posts
6 inch Shapers on stock skis standard suspension with front shock on skid frame showing about half inch of threads showing. Several friends drove it and couldnt get over how great it handled. Ski shocks showing 2 and a half inches of thread.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
6 inch shapers? What, who, how, where, when, why, well I know that. What the hell are they and where can I get em'. Sounds like an answer to my darting and cornering problems.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dan at the Outdoor Shop should be able to hook you up. Go to the Outdoor Shop from the HARDCORESLEDDER home page and you'll see his link. Post what you're looking for. But, it is temporarily disabled until Dan and the Lori get back from the "Love Boat", aroud Friday or Saturday.

catfish

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I'm runnin' Stud Boy 9" Shaper bars and have been VERY happy with these over everything else I've tried so far this year, short of different skis. Do a search on this site for shaper and you'll find LOTS of feedback! -- Roy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts