Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've done the slp pipe and can and I am not disappointed at all with that, also took out the rad. did slp green primary and mtx weights, and going back to stock secondary to bring rpms down, and 66-42-.46/66-44-.46 helix, fire n ice airbox, 19 and 43 gears with 92 pitch only one belt in 3000 miles.

Patrick

·
Registered
143 Posts
Did you have to do a computer reflash? What are mtx wieghts ? What track? I have a 151 2.4[/b]
Your Polaris dealer has a reflash in their digital wrench system from SLP specifically for the SLP pipe and can. It works great. However, it will instantly negate any remaining warranty you may have. And since it is online, Polaris instantly knows that you did it. There is no way to hide it.

My riding partner has an '05 900 with the SLP pipe, can, head, airbox, torque stops, and "mild" port job. It also has V-Force reeds and a Boondocker Nitrous system. With the SLP mods, he hasn't even run a full bottle of N2O through the sled. No need for it. That sled runs very, very, hard. The only drawback that he has is he continually breaks primary springs. Three rides is about all he can get out of a spring. He is using a spring from SLP (almond, I think), but I believe that he is going to go back to an OEM issue spring from Polaris.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Your Polaris dealer has a reflash in their digital wrench system from SLP specifically for the SLP pipe and can. It works great. However, it will instantly negate any remaining warranty you may have. And since it is online, Polaris instantly knows that you did it. There is no way to hide it.

My riding partner has an '05 900 with the SLP pipe, can, head, airbox, torque stops, and "mild" port job. It also has V-Force reeds and a Boondocker Nitrous system. With the SLP mods, he hasn't even run a full bottle of N2O through the sled. No need for it. That sled runs very, very, hard. The only drawback that he has is he continually breaks primary springs. Three rides is about all he can get out of a spring. He is using a spring from SLP (almond, I think), but I believe that he is going to go back to an OEM issue spring from Polaris.[/b]
i breaks spring ocasionally but i think something was posted on this last year thaty the spring is binding on the spider ot sometrhing. im going to talk to epi monday.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I used to see the springs break often when using too soft a poundage for the engine. I had several customers who used the same primary spring, and when doing a drag race launch, could break one every time. Go to a stiffer spring, polaris almond, and try it. Also check the fit as mentioned. I have also heard of making delrin washers to fit on each end of the primary spring, so it can rotate with the vibration. Makes sense to me.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,323 Posts
Your Polaris dealer has a reflash in their digital wrench system from SLP specifically for the SLP pipe and can. It works great. However, it will instantly negate any remaining warranty you may have. And since it is online, Polaris instantly knows that you did it. There is no way to hide it....[/b]
NOT CORRECT.

The SLP pipe reflash only voids your engine warranty.

I am not aware of any warranty claims that have been turned down because of the SLP pipe reflash on a 866 or 755 CFI twin.

·
Registered
126 Posts
it will instantly negate any remaining warranty you may have. And since it is online, Polaris instantly knows that you did it. There is no way to hide it.[/b]
I have found that before you do the reflash talk with a few dealers most of them will cover the sled even with the reflash.

breaks spring occasionally but I think something was posted on this last year thaty the spring is binding on the spider ot sometrhing. im going to talk to epi monday.[/b]
We have two 900's 166 with the SLP performance packages and mine has the bottle never a problem with over 2k in mountain miles. Go with the SLP setup it flat works. Also the Pipe does ok but when you port it on the 05's it really uses the pipe to the full potential. On the springs the Green-Pink SLP spring and Polaris almond will break sometimes but it only does this on my sled for some reason. I went to the SLP blue-pink spring because they said it would not break as easy and so far it has been fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts