Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys I know this has been discussed but can't find the post..

my 02 xc 800 fuel tank outlet seems to be a 5/16th outlet "I thought it was discussed and it was a 3/8's anyway

fuel pump is a 3/8 inlet

I did not plan on runnin a fuel shut off valve..

is there a polaris outlet that is 3/8's from the inside of the tank to outlet of the tank.. so I can go 3/8's to 3/8's

I could always clamp the 3/8 over a small piece of 5/16th hose that I would place over the outlet 1st
and then clamp the 3/8's hose on to it..

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Roger,

I was discussing this with Tailight about his conversion. The gromet into tank is the same for twins and triples, the tank fitting for line to fuel pump and to tank filter must be changed. The 3/8" fitting is pn 7052214 so toss the 5/16" one. The in-tank fuel line should be the violet 3/8" and the in-tank filter from a twin is same part for tripple. 3/8" automotive fuel injection line is good to use from 3/8' tank fitting to 3/8" fuel pump. Tailight installed a custom bracket for fuel shutoff switch and installed near top right side of air box.

·
Premium Member
12,019 Posts
No shut off Roger?, that could bite you some day. I'd put one on.

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
maybe.. I don't think I have ever used the one on my xcr for traveling.. maybe to just pull the fuel lines off..

who's got a 3/8' to 3/8's straight inline fuel shut off..

·
Premium Member
12,019 Posts
I did some carb work one day on my twin. Put the carbs back in. Started the sled, loaded it on the trailer, put trailer in garage.
Ready to go for sat am.

Went out to the garage sat am, with my shutoff still on, 3-4 gallons of gas on the floor.
Glad I didn't turn the heat on from inside the house.

There was a little piece of dirt on the needle and seat and it siphoned out all night.

Whole bottom end was full of gas.
hours of cleanup.

I shut the gas off now.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
who's got a 3/8' to 3/8's straight inline fuel shut off..[/b]
Just use the xcr 800 one. It's 90* but it works. It actually worked better for me that it was 90*, because of the way the inlet is on the fuel pump. My fuel shutoff is right by the recoil now. Easy to get at.

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just use the xcr 800 one. It's 90* but it works. It actually worked better for me that it was 90*, because of the way the inlet is on the fuel pump. My fuel shutoff is right by the recoil now. Easy to get at.[/b]
Yeah Thats most likley what I am gona do..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.