Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the Grip N Rip 4th wheel kit on my 03, and when running it a bit while on a stand, the track seemed to "chatter", like something was loose. Maybe it was the track that's loose, but better safe than sorry... Did anyone notice a chatter that may have been attributed to the installation?

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
they all do.. the clips hitting the front of the rails/tips.. spray some lube on the clips, and see if it goes away.. if so.. only thing you need to add.. is SNOW !!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Mine don't chatter. It used to, but I loosened my track way up and it solved the problem. I run my track as loose as I can, just so it doesn't ratchet.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I wouldnt run your track that loose like you could with the zr chassis, cause your lugs will hit your tunnel on the outside.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Originally posted by f-7redcat@Oct 6 2005, 03:54 PM
I wouldnt run your track that loose like you could with the zr chassis, cause your lugs will hit your tunnel on the outside.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=912865
[/quote]

Ahh, that must be what happened in my case. Over the summer I removed my suspension to rebuild the shocks and replace the springs but I noticed there were black scuff marks inside the tunner near the front. I also added the four wheel kit to mine, noticed the chatter and loosened my track. I think I had mine way too tight though becuase it seemed the track would stop too fast while on the stand.

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,450 Posts
That chatter your hearing has NOTHING to do with any wheel kit, 3 or 4 or any manufacture.
Mine did it right out of the box.

Flash and Flare

1 - 7 of 7 Posts