Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think i remeber someone on here saying that a dealer in minesota or somewhere had 3 440 snopros for sale can i get the name and number of that dealer also if ne one else knows a dealer with a 440 sno pro for sale i would like the number on them to thanks

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
talk to your dealer, there is a couple sitting at the factory, racers did not follow through on

THAT SLED IS NOT TRAIL RIDABLE, OR I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT ONE AGAIN THIS YEAR!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
punkrocker483,

What dave cat 7 says about the trail-ability of this sled is true..... but I am going to answer your question. I had posted earlier about the dealer who has/had 2003 440 SnoPro's(3 at the time) for sale here in Minnesota. Info below:

Dean @ Waconia Farm Supply 1-952-442-7309. He is a very nice person to work with.
-John

·
Registered
126 Posts
That sled is very trailable-----if you bring your own fuel. My buddy ordered two, one for racing (his kid) and one for trail riding. The problem is when you order one of these sleds in the very early spring you don't know anything about em till they get here. He found out when it arrived it runs on 110 octane can you imagine the price of 110 trailside? So unless you have a way of getting fuel every 80-100 miles without going to the truck I'd get something else.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I believe you can change the heads out from a 2002 snopro and install them on the 2003 snopro which has lower compression and then you can run pump gas. makes it more trail friendly.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Brian Sturgeon made it very clear at the race school that the 440 is a snoX only sled. If you take it out on a lake and pin it, she'll melt. Marginal cooling system for snoX only, 110 heads, and an ignition advance rate that makes for big giggles........'till it melts a piston.

Kits were to become available that allowed the sled to be used as a terrian racer. Bigger coolers, low comp heads, and ignition.

Might still be some left at the factory. Cross country guys went away pissed.......leaving the sled behind. If you get one, there are some important updates.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think Rental Express (Indan River,MI.) has some left.
They also ordered the trail kit(bigger cooler)
might want to call Travis at Rental Express

·
Registered
773 Posts
If you want to trail it do yourself a favor & get a 2002.The 03 is not worth it if thats all your going to use it for.One other item that makes it not so trail happy is the 1.5 lug track.If you run on packed trails say goodbye to the slides.

I know that http://www.vetesnik.com/ has one for sale still.They also have a used 02 that looks nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts