Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of buying a 440 Prox fan for the wife to ride and my ?'s are: How fast would be the top speed on one of these, and are the carbs on the fans needing constant tuning.

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Top speed would probably be around 75mph depending on rider weight, and the conditions. No the carbs don't need much at all once setup.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
they handle great. my dad bought my brother one, but the carbs DO need constant tuning, i found that out with his and other people who have them, they are race sleds. i leaned out the jets and redid the clutching, and you cant let the sled idle for long at all or else the motor loads up and dies, like when you come to a stop you need to keep on the gas. i would honestly look for a 550 fan for your wife.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i bought one last year. i had a 550 EXT Cat, and my 03 pro x 440 is fun too drive. i got up to 80mph last year no problem, very reliable sled, never had an issue with it last year. i spent over 3000 on my cat on one riding season. On gas on the other hand is pretty bad, i get about 80 miles a tank. Yeah she likes the high RPMs, but its really quick out of the hole. my friends have driven it before and it really doenst drive like a fan, other then the fan noise you hear. hope to be a help

-cam

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only 80 miles to the tank! Thats about what I get with my 05 fuse. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
that pro x 440 is different that the one my brother has, he has a 2002 Pro X 440 race one, so maybe thats why his is more finiky and maybe the problems are gone with the 2003 fans.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts