Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hopefully im in the correct forum. i,ve got a 1992 440 pantera that woks awesome for about 1/2 hour, then it has no power to climb a hill. BUT if i put it in reverse it will climb the hill no problem, im thinking maybe cdi box or coil, BUt when it does this and comes out of it it doesn't smoke like you would think due to it should be loaded up with unburn fuel, i thought mybe was not enough fuel in the tank, but have filled it and makes no difference. any ideas , i'm going out today to try it till it acts up then switch the coil with another to see if it works any better, i also has and older cdi box from and older suzuki dirt bike i might try as well,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok ive been out in the cold wet rain playing with this thing again. sure enough after 1/2 hour started to break down, changed the coil and still no difference, then took a cdi box off an old dirt bike, and got it running with that cdi box and still has no power to climb forward but will backwards no problem, also noticed today that on flat ground it seems to work fine, and if you get a run at the hill and get the rpm;s up it will climb. so today we eliminated, coil,cdi,wires,spark plugs, took the fuel filter out (which was quiet dirty). im think i might have a carb issue????

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
take your carbs off and take off the bottom of the carb should be 4 screws and clean everything in there!!! Take out your main and pilot jets and blow them out and remove any tarnish on the carbs!!! Also clean you needle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
take your carbs off and take off the bottom of the carb should be 4 screws and clean everything in there!!! Take out your main and pilot jets and blow them out and remove any tarnish on the carbs!!! Also clean you needle[/b]
ok while trying different things i blew off the belt, so i installed a new belt (goodyear) sled seemed to work great, i had the hood off, playing in the yard, so to day, i was going to take carbs off, and noticed the air intake rubber boots were really cracked and actually open on the bottom. so i took them off, ran the sled for 3 hours and never acted up , (with hood off still) i then put the hood back on and drove for like 15mins, and started to act up again, took hood off and worked fine, could them rubber intakes have been my problem??? with the hood on it gets too hot and is sucking hot air???? and with hood off it's got the cool air?? i also have read about a reed valve that is in the airfilter box?? with the rubber intake boots off i'm bypassing it??
hope this makes sense?? this thing really flies with the hood off, and i don't mind driving it that way but it'd be nice to drive it with the hood, looks more pretty :) ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok while trying different things i blew off the belt, so i installed a new belt (goodyear) sled seemed to work great, i had the hood off, playing in the yard, so to day, i was going to take carbs off, and noticed the air intake rubber boots were really cracked and actually open on the bottom. so i took them off, ran the sled for 3 hours and never acted up , (with hood off still) i then put the hood back on and drove for like 15mins, and started to act up again, took hood off and worked fine, could them rubber intakes have been my problem??? with the hood on it gets too hot and is sucking hot air???? and with hood off it's got the cool air?? i also have read about a reed valve that is in the airfilter box?? with the rubber intake boots off i'm bypassing it??
hope this makes sense?? this thing really flies with the hood off, and i don't mind driving it that way but it'd be nice to drive it with the hood, looks more pretty :) ...[/b]
snows almost gone :( bump for poss hot air , rubber boots?????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts