Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So whats all this talk that the 440 sno pro motors are not a good trail reliable motor? I was reasured that when I bought my '03 it would be a great sled! Now all I read lately is "dump the 440 and get a f5, f6 and so on!" I love my 440 it rips like no other and is as quick if not faster than the pos polaris 600 I just dumped! So what gives?

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
nah its just people that want to trail ride the sled alot, so they put a more reliable motor in it to cut back on jetting, ect..... So they pretty much have a pull and go sled!! With that o3 you will have no problem just watch you plug color and don't hold it wfo for a long time nor in the same throttle position for extended periods of time. Just ride it and have a great season!!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
i honestly don't get it either! i love my 440 i've put probably 500miles on it so far with zero problems! i love it! i have no reason to go past 80mph. going on lakes and long straight drag strip trails are boring. i got my 440 for playing around jumping and ditchbanging and what not. i didn't get it to do endurance 300km trail rides for the day but i'd trust my motor to do it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have put about 500km on my 440 so far this year, still running 110, and it is a very reliable sled. I don't have much reason to go past half throttle, as it pulls hard enough to that point. I have found that once you get the jetting right there is no problem just pulling the cord and going, it is a great sled with the 440 motor in it. I don't know why people would think it is unreliable.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Amen brother i put well over 3000 miles on my 2001 440 snopro and i would hold it to the bar for miles and miles through the
trails. Granted i did all the conversions that were needed, cdi reprogram, etc, and ran the dial at -1 to -2 , in extreme weather. You just have to use common sense, always use good gas and oil, and don't get greedy looking to get ever ounce of power out of it, unless you stay on top of it!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hey just wondering say if a guy wanted to race cross country.......wat do you do? leave it raceprep or trail converted????

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^ NICE! Yea there are too many 440 haters out there! These little guys rip all day long! I leave my timing on -2 can I leave it there all the time....? I run 91 non oxy and Amsoil Dominator in it...

·
Registered
294 Posts
^^ NICE! Yea there are too many 440 haters out there! These little guys rip all day long! I leave my timing on -2 can I leave it there all the time....? I run 91 non oxy and Amsoil Dominator in it...[/b]

Hell ya they do and there fun to throw around on the snow or in the air! What jetting are you running?
I would run mine on zero when i was comfortable with the gas i was getting was quality fuel. And the
jetting wasn't to far on the edge, like a 20 degree temp change, i would then click it down to -1 or -2
on the dial. If in doubt run it at -1 to -2 and have a peace of mind. m2cents.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what does it hurt to keep it at -2? The jetting...no idea never touched it and the dealer really did not know too much on the sled...

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
what does it hurt to keep it at -2? The jetting...no idea never touched it and the dealer really did not know too much on the sled...[/b]
Keep and eye on your jetting. Anyone running a 440 should be well informed about jetting. It's very important if you want your sled to run the best every day. I had an 02 that I logged over 4000 miles on without ever blowing it up. I ran 270's 90% of the time (2000 ft and anything under -15C) and always kept my timing dial on -3. I ran EGT's to monitor it. It was the best 440 I have ever owned and I had them all from 97-02. You could hold that thing wide open all day long, and I did a lot trail riding with guys who all have 700cc+ sleds. These laydown engines have been proven to be quite bullet proof. Anyone trail converting a 440 should have a reliable sled if they watch the jetting and timing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts