Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive heard alot of things about turning a 440 in to a 600 hundred i just want to know what i have to do to mine to make it a 600 or a 660 will the 440 pipe work with the 600 will the timing work with the 600 i want to know every thing about it befor i tare mine down mine sled is a 2002 pro-x 440 i was thinking of putting 600 cylenders on it and is there any way to put 700 non ves on it or is that to big thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
ignition will work. It'll run with the 440 pipe, it'll just burn down on your first high speed run. The outlet diameter is too small. Depends what year cases you're dealing with for how easy it is to make it 600. Search around, tons of info.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im not trying to put a whole 600 motor in it im trying to find info about putting a 600 top end on my 440 bottom end i was told that the 2002 440 bottom end was the best to do it to and thats what i have is a 2002 pro x 440 so any info will be help full

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
yes you can put 60 cylinders on a '02 bottom, however you will not have a true 600 when you are all done. heres why, the 440 stroke is shorter than a 600, the cranks are the same other than that little detail. if you were going to do it i think i would have the crank welded, its not made for the additional HP the 600 top end might throw at it, may or may not last long is all.
so you will need 600 cylinders, exhaust valves, carbs and cable, head, cover, 600 pro x y pipe, pipe, and a silence for any 600 edge sled(silencer bracket needs to moded for it to fit), a new grommet for the bellypan for a 600 exhaust pipe to fit thru it, a 600 style fuel pump or a T fitting to hook the 2 outlets on your 440 pump together.
and 600 clutch parts.
ya thats all i can think of.
good luck

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
if im not mistaken i thought you had to have your case milled down?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.