Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys kinda new to snowmobile performance . Herein the cornfields of central illinois if a guy had a john deere trail fire or a yamaha phazer he was IN lol . Ive got this 92 jag special . It has had work done to the carbs and clutches . It got a dead hole , burned piston and stuck rings . I am getting ready to replace and then wondered if there are big bore kits for 440 fan motors . I am really wanting a little sleeper sled. ANY advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You could shop ebay for a complete 550 engine package.Ive seen them go for less than 1000 bucks,and by the time you sink money into yours you could spend a lil extra for a 550,and then part out or sell your engine and get some money back.

·
Banned
26,151 Posts
Just rebuild your 440 and put 340 stickers on it. Either way it's still slow as hell and won't be a sleeper of any sort.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well douche bag , i mean fireball . Yeah thats right what it says under your avatar , only your the asshole . You have probably never been on one of the special sleds so you have no idea. This sled was bought brand new and after the clutches were done was a very competitive oval racer. Im just wanting to pull a little more outof it. These were a fast little sled in the day and on the trails are still formidable from what i have heard . If you can even find one . SO until you know exactly what you are talking about just stuff it up your ass boy.

·
Registered
672 Posts
every day i come to this site and read whats going on through out the day. And at least once a day there is some flaming asshole on here bashing or putting down someone for a question they ask or something they post....I dont get it?????????????
MAC67 , i would look for a 570 or look into the specs on a z440 snopro they ran real good for what they were

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey thanks for the help guys . It is reatly appreciated . Im on my way to ebay to find a 570.

·
Banned
26,151 Posts
Well douche bag , i mean fireball . Yeah thats right what it says under your avatar , only your the asshole . You have probably never been on one of the special sleds so you have no idea. This sled was bought brand new and after the clutches were done was a very competitive oval racer. Im just wanting to pull a little more outof it. These were a fast little sled in the day and on the trails are still formidable from what i have heard . If you can even find one . SO until you know exactly what you are talking about just stuff it up your ass boy.[/b]
Someone piss in your coffee this morning?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Someone piss in your coffee this morning?[/b]

Nah , just get tired of **** thinkin they are hot shit and trying to be cool by giving a guy just asking questions shit.

But thats to be expected , i just saw you ride a skidoo , you are probably frustrated all the time . Nice lookin sled tho , my wife says it would be a great sled for her little sister.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I am sure he meant Z 570[/b]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said....

Nah , just get tired of **** thinkin they are hot shit and trying to be cool by giving a guy just asking questions shit.

But thats to be expected , i just saw you ride a skidoo , you are probably frustrated all the time . Nice lookin sled tho , my wife says it would be a great sled for her little sister.[/b]
Easy killer...

·
Registered
14,647 Posts
Well douche bag , i mean fireball . Yeah thats right what it says under your avatar , only your the asshole . You have probably never been on one of the special sleds so you have no idea. This sled was bought brand new and after the clutches were done was a very competitive oval racer. Im just wanting to pull a little more outof it. These were a fast little sled in the day and on the trails are still formidable from what i have heard . If you can even find one . SO until you know exactly what you are talking about just stuff it up your ass boy.[/b]
:lol:

ZR's never had a 570.[/b]
Same chassis, you know what the fuck he meant.

·
Banned
26,151 Posts

But thats to be expected , i just saw you ride a skidoo , you are probably frustrated all the time . Nice lookin sled tho , my wife says it would be a great sled for her little sister.[/b]
:lol: says the guy who thinks that 440 fans are fast sleds.

...and I wasn't personally giving you shit, just commented that 440 fans are slow sleds - which they are. Then you called me a douche bag and an asshole.

·
Banned
26,151 Posts
Z = Fanner, ZR = Liquid.[/b]
ZL = liquid too. And if it helps, you'll probably need to modify or make a whole new engine mount plate for the 570 to make room for the airbox. Also grab the secondary clutch off the donar sled if you can.

2 years ago I put a 440 supersport motor in a Polaris Ultra chassis. It was a sleeper alright, asleep at the line. It topped out at about 55 mph but was good for a few laughs and a good pounding.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Fireball . i appologise . I got out of line and flew off the handle like the douchebag , sorry about that. and the only reason i dissed your sled is because actually kinda jealous ha ha . Actually from what i have seen on here when someone puts down someone elses sled it usually looks like they are jealous.

This is the story on my sled . It was bought out of the back of the arctic cat dealership while it was still crated. I was told by the original owner that there were only 154 of them produced in 92. He bought it for oval racing . They worked the carbs over really good and went through the suspension . Did a black magic kit in both clutches and worked them over. He told me the sled was radared at 95 mph . He got rid of it because the z440's were starting to show up more and more and with smaller guys than what he was and he could not compete with them . Im just saying it seems like a hard running 440 . I tried buying a zrt and couldnt find one that i could afford so i am trying to pull everything i possibly can out of this one . My brother rides a bone stock 570 exciter and i am wanting to beat him with a 440 fan sled.

Thank you for the advice up above and again , I appologize for being a dick .

1 - 20 of 27 Posts